ok soo i bought a b-52 at 112 and i need help it worked fine a few hours ago and now when i tried to turn it on nothing happens!! and i dont know what is wrong and how to fix it can yall help me???

i put the knob in standby right now i dont understand this!!!!
if its in stand by it wont have sound turn it on if u already have maybe a tube is bad

also maybe a bad fuse check it in the back
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Last edited by selkies at Nov 15, 2008,
Before freaking out, check the simple stuff. Make sure its on and not on standbye, there is not a problem with the outlet it is plugged into and check the fuse on the amp. If neither of those things is the problem, hopefully someone will have further suggestions. If its new, take it back and get a replacement.
Quote by selkies
if its in standby it wont have sound. Turn it on if u already have??? Maybe a tube is bad.

also it may be a bad fuse, check it out

FIXED

jesus christ man.... use some punctuation!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
ok i pluggeed everything in and both strandby and power are on
and nothing is happneing

i payed 550 dollars for this to not work wow!!!!
and i am scared of removing the back panel because i dont wanna damage anything
If its a new amp and the outlet its plugged into is fine and its not the fuse, do not mess with it, take it back and get a replacement amp or a refund.
Check the fuse.

If its not fuse, test for dirty power

if its not dirty power, take it back and get a replacement, they are really good amps.
i am getting a new one of these tommorrow i better this is BS what a dissapointment

and what is the fuse? where do i check it?
I know it sucks that its new and does not work, but stop stressing. Leave it alone and just take it back for the other one your getting tommorow.
It should be a round black spot on the back of the amp... make sure its unplugged first.
EDIT

Just re-read your newest post

If it is toast it should be mildly black and there should be NO wire running through it.
well i dont see back but i see a lil string with a dot going through the middle with a like bump but i think that is normal
Yeah.. that is normal....

Take it back then, it is possible that the wire for the standby switch is loose...weird.... 2 cases seems to me like that today....

Just get a replacement... honestly, they are really good amps.
GAH

that would suck.... but its worth it.... I would do anything to get good tone...
let's just say i dont have an amp.... I have a high powered computer running thousands of dollars in software...and it doesnt cut it....