Hey!

I'm planning on buying a new bass guitar and amplifier soon,

I play mostly metal, death metal, metalcore, metal, hard core metal,

things like bullet for my valentine, parkway drive, all that remains, killswitch enagage and a bit of metallica

I need a amp and a bass...

i have about $2000 to spend (about $1000 usa)

So i need a amp and bass that can be heard over the drums, good for death metal and reasonably loud, enough for a small gig!

thanks guys! all help will be a aprecciated!

Please tell me your ideas!

I'll be watching you...
and ibanez/shector/spector and a ashdown MAG
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
It goes without saying that the best thing to do is go try some basses out. As many as you can. The prices really suck down there, so you need to make dead sure you like the instrument that you buy. In my opinion, Peavey, Traben, Ibanez, and Schecter are going to gove you the best instrument for the price, but what you ultimately get depends on what bass calls to you.

As for amps, in that price range, used Peavey and vintage Acoustic gear is probably the best bang-for-your-buck you can get anywhere, and both brands really built stuff to last.

*edited due to uselessness*
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 15, 2008,
^uhh i dont think they have acoustic there, if its the same as AUS
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
haha
i might just go try some stuff out one day...
everyone says marshall is a good metal amp
has anyone here ever heard of marshall ?
Marshall bass amps are horrible....they have/had some good ones, but those are well out of your price range.

After looking at that site, I'd say used gear and Mom n' Pop stores are your best bet. Some stores have managed to find good no-name brands, so keep a look out for those. You can get some pretty cool stuff if you look hard enough.
Nope, no sig here.
just go there and try the stuff you like. marshall doesnt have a good reputation in the pit but the bassist from MUSE uses Marshall heads. pretty much just try what there is and stay away from behringer and epiphone/gibson and low-end GK
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
^

That's a heck of a cab, and should be able to move enough air to overpower just about anything...but it leaves you with 1K to get an amp and a bass.

edit: Lookit this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Instruments/Guitar-bass/Bass-amps/auction-187863369.htm

That's an awesome head, and will last for quite some time. I'd jump on that.

edit again: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Instruments/Guitar-bass/Bass-amps/auction-187440444.htm
That's good too. Not nearly as good as the peavey, but still good.
Nope, no sig here.
yea true... i've found a bass i like the look of for $700
i could spend 800 on an amp and 500 on a cab ??
I already linked it XD

Yeah it's an awesome head. They have a really nice sound.

I'd try to spend more on the cab than on the amp, as the cab is really what determines how loud your rig is. Though if you get that Peavey, I don't think it'll be a problem.
Nope, no sig here.
As far as I know, yes they are. I've heard quite a few good things about them. Are you looking at an ESP or an ESP LTD, btw? LTD is like ESP's lower-end brand. Still good, though, from what I hear.

edit: I have to go to bed...sorry I couldn't stick around to help more
Nope, no sig here.
look at ibanez, schector and spectors i reckon. also i would get the 4x10 its good and after all the searchin mutant corns done, just do that for him
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Musicworks sell Ashdown.
Also, see if you can find some second hand Jansen amps, they're NZ made, and pretty good.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Actually I liked the idea of an 810 too...(wouldn't we all?)

That's a decent bass, and you'd probably do just fine with it, but I think you can get a better one.
Nope, no sig here.
Schecter Bass (ANy reliable model you can find, They all play good for the money) - Ashdown Amp (Perfect Ten is the Best Ashdown I have ever used )
Quote by Mutant Corn
As far as I know, yes they are. I've heard quite a few good things about them. Are you looking at an ESP or an ESP LTD, btw? LTD is like ESP's lower-end brand. Still good, though, from what I hear.

edit: I have to go to bed...sorry I couldn't stick around to help more

ESP is terribly inversatile. especially LTD, IMO.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom