Hey guys, im finally getting ready to upgrade my strat so I've decided to put a humbucker in my bridge. Thing is, i love the sound of p90's.

Luckily, guitar fetish sells humbucker sized p90 equivilents that get rave reviews everywhere Ive looked.

So my stupid question is, will this pickup deffinatly fit in your standard HSS pickguard??

http://store.guitarfetish.com/dr90husip90c.html

thanks.
yes, it will fit, I've been looking at the GFS mean 90's, might buy one sometime.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
what about those seymour duncan pickups that are a p90 and a rail together in a humbucker size pickup?

splittable into a single rail or a single p90 and a humbucker all in one... i think they are called p-rails

:edit - also, this is a forum, not a chat room. the rules (which are clearly marked on the first page of the forum) state no bumps within 24 hours. if no one replies straight away you need to have patience.
Thank you please.
Last edited by deadlydunc at Nov 15, 2008,
the only reason im considering GFS is cuz i have very little money, and I hear from all the reviews ive seen that you get an amazing bang for your buck.

Thanks guys.
Well, the GFS pickups are basically the sort of quality you find in the stock pickups of Epiphones, the higher end Squiers and Mexican Fenders. They're not bad as such, but odn't expect them to blow you away.

Also, the cheaper humbucker-sized P-90s GFS sells aren't going to sound like a true P-90. Most of the 'humbucker sized P-90s' are made with cermaic or alnico V bar magnets, when they should be made with alnico V pole pieces, which is what makes that defined single coil sound. So the sound of most of those 'bucker sized P-90s isn't a P-90 tone, it's more like the tone of a humbucker that's had a coil split engaged.

If you want a real P-90 tone, the only two brands I'm aware of that make them in humbucker sized casings are Gibson and Swineshead. Both of coure can be pretty expensive (especially Gibson), but if you really want P-90 tone then those are the only two options that will actually get you it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by deadlydunc
what about those seymour duncan pickups that are a p90 and a rail together in a humbucker size pickup?

splittable into a single rail or a single p90 and a humbucker all in one... i think they are called p-rails

:edit - also, this is a forum, not a chat room. the rules (which are clearly marked on the first page of the forum) state no bumps within 24 hours. if no one replies straight away you need to have patience.

Actually, that sounds pretty interesting. I'm sure you sacrifice some tone from each, but does anyone have any experience with those?
If you like the sound of a P-90 why dont you check out a really fat hot single coil. Something like a Fender Texas Special but maybe a little more ballsy. Iv'e heard that G&L makes really fat sounding single coils.

Just a suggestion
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo