When i do anything going down (or towards the thicker strings) i tend to do down first as up first is a problem especially when tremelo picking. What does everyone do?
just to clarify:
down= towards ground
up= towards face

and most people pick down first when tremolo picking.

and honestly... advanced techniques?
you didnt understand anything i said. im talking about doing scales etc 16th notes at 220bpm the question is regarding going back up the guitar ('towards the face')
ahhhh I thought you were talking about alternate picking haha
Typically it's easier to go up, because it's easier to put fingers on a string then to take them off, as in preparing 4 fingers and taking them off "4 3 2 4 3 2 4 3 2."
Quote by Freepower
What is the point to this thread?

I start different things on different strokes.

This.

And FP, you're a mod, why not close it? Or at least move it to basics...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Freepower
^ idle curiosity. AT's been a bit quiet recently.

Maybe people are actually reading the stickies...nah, couldn't be

Oh and now that I think about it I generally start alt. picking things on the high strings on an up, legato things on a down and sweeps on a down (I usually add legato on the top of sweeps).

All habits I am working on breaking but habits in my playing none the less.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Freepower
What is the point to this thread?

I start different things on different strokes.

point is when i come up in scales or anything starting on an up is tough, but when i start on a down it is too messy and their is gaps between the strings.

Zaphoid after hearing your tunes you would do well to go into the beginners thread.
Quote by Mezzo4te
point is when i come up in scales or anything starting on an up is tough, but when i start on a down it is too messy and their is gaps between the strings.

Practice both strokes more. Problem solved.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Practice both strokes more. Problem solved.

the question was what does everyone do.
Quote by Mezzo4te
Zaphoid after hearing your tunes you would do well to go into the beginners thread.

You seem to be the only person who thinks so

Check out anything other than my cover of The Groove (which I know is the only thinkg you listened to) and see if your opinion changes.

And you said about your own picking like it was a problem, I was only trying to help.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.