I found it to be extremely lacking for the most part. Especially that verse. Seriously, put some effort into it.
The drums also need beefing up.

That said, I liked the bit with the extra guitar quite a bit. Some of the notes sounded dissonant though, so perhaps if you played around a bit with the rhythm notes, it would sound better?

Idk, that one bit I like a lot, keep working on it and I'm sure you'll have something good.
Transition at bar 19 is awful, and likewise with the verse.

The lead part at 11 was alright, but slightly intrusive to the overall feel of the song? I just didn't quite fit.

I do like some of the ideas in this though, but they jsut generally don't fit together.

I personally think you should just take the riffs and use them for different pieces.
Quote by AA00P
I found it to be extremely lacking for the most part. Especially that verse. Seriously, put some effort into it.
The drums also need beefing up.

That said, I liked the bit with the extra guitar quite a bit. Some of the notes sounded dissonant though, so perhaps if you played around a bit with the rhythm notes, it would sound better?

Idk, that one bit I like a lot, keep working on it and I'm sure you'll have something good.

I disagree, the verse, IMO, would be effective if it had vocals, because, this is for my band, and i think it wouldn't be as boring if it had the screams and such over the top, and i barely ever use this type of perspective on my music, so its a breathe of fresh air
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by Regression
Transition at bar 19 is awful, and likewise with the verse.

The lead part at 11 was alright, but slightly intrusive to the overall feel of the song? I just didn't quite fit.

I do like some of the ideas in this though, but they jsut generally don't fit together.

I personally think you should just take the riffs and use them for different pieces.

Would the transition be better if it were still drums, but beefed up and complicated some?
Poop.

Yes, poop.
^
^
I would disagree, I can't tell you how many bands I've heard use that sort of idea for verses (pretty much every metalcore band ever).
And the rhythm of that particular riff doesn't click for me at all.

Judging by your other work though, I've no doubt you could make something of this.
Last edited by AA00P at Nov 15, 2008,
I agree with AA00P on the verse. Even the rhythm is a little awkward.

As for the transition, have the drums a bit more, predominant, and maybe have like a guitar do something similar to the verse. I have an idea in my head, don't know how to put it to words though.
Nice. You went with a melodic chorus. Though I feel it could've used a more technical guitar part somewhere around there.

Edit: Nevermind. That solo was awesome. Nice use of harmonics there.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Nov 17, 2008,
I dig the breakdown and the bridge, not so much the triplets verses. Solo wasn't that great in MIDI. The outro is fitting and it has great tom fills. I wish it would resolve to a C chord on the Justin guitar and not linger on the minor third.
Nice use of the harmonic minor scale on the pre-choruses. I love harmonic minor.
The verse(s) was pretty cool. The guitar/scale runs at the end of each riffing pattern are a little cliched, but overall, the verse riffs are good.
As well as the chorus. Quite catchy.

I liked the breakdown at 41.
It wasn't all chug-chug and it led perfectly into the chorus.

The leads and extra guitar parts are fine, so I wouldn't change them. In fact, they really brought everything up.
And the solo was badass.
A solid 8/10.

I have 2 similar pieces, Lycotrope and Brooding_Doom. I just posted up Lycotrope and I feel that it's better than B_D on the basis of consistency and melodic elements.
I look at some of your other songs too.
Wow man. You're 15, you say? oh btw, sorry it took so long to get back to this crit. Life got in the way, go figure..

Intro: Cool riff, let me know i was in for a f---in ride right away haha. I really like the 16th trips at the end of the bars. Cool flow with that. I liked the harmony used in bars 8,10, etc. Minor thirds, im assuming..too lazy to look back haha.

Verse: Good riff. i can imagine some brooding, bloody, lyrics over this and its great. Not much else to say, since its the same riff from the latter part of the intro. Good one tho.

Pre-Chorus: Now even tho im not really a fan of blast beats i think this one worked well with the trem picking and makes a good segue into the chorus. No complaints.

Chorus: Cool progression and arrangement. Very catchy so in technical terms, its a perfect chorus. I liked the second part of the chorus, good melody.

Verse 2: Same as 1, except i like how in bars 37 and 38, you slowed down. it doesnt really lead into the bridge that well...but its a nice effect. i was almost waiting for a slower bridge with some cleans after i heard it start to slow down tho. maybe just somethin as simple as changing the hi hats from eights to quarters would fix the problem in my ear.

Bridge: Cool riff. i feel like ive heard it before, and i prolly have, but i still think this went well with the song, provided the aforementioned discrepancies were fixed. I like the half-time drums under it.

Chorus 2: Same as chorus 1.

Interlude: Yep, bar 51 starts a great riff. especially with the 32nd chugs, added a "head-bangable" touch that wouldve been over looked by most other composers. Nice job.

Solo: First off, the solo is great. Dont get me wrong on that. It seemed a tad to dissonant in some areas tho. like the run at the end of bar 54 didnt mesh too well with me. seemed a few steps too low. Other than that, great solo my friend.

Pre-Chorus: Same as before.

Chorus: Ditto.

Outro: Solid ending. I liked the way the RSE made it rumble as the guitar was fading. ahh, RSE...

Overall i'll give this one a 9/10. It was an awesome listen and true to form with your other works. Kudos to you, matt. Hopefully this review wasn't too critical, i only mean it constructively.

check my last one out?
red eye reverie, booooyyy
-Epi LP Ultra
-Mashall MG100HDFX half-stack
-Tama Imperialstar
-Epi "Hater-Slayer"
-Fender Ultimate Chorus
-Fender US Strat
-'51 Fender Pro-Amp Model 5A5 TV Front (sexy beast)
-Wechter Pathfinder A/E
-Washburn D-10SB
hmm its not bad, altough its get repetitive after a while. but the chorus is really nice, you used great melodies there. bridge is good, +1 for the song the interlude is also perfect for his place, but the solo just dont fit there :/ i suggest using other rhythms in the solo. the whole song is good, it has only just a few flaws-
crit mine, against all odds or awaken ty