alright, so i have been following and learning these scale positions (offered by Justin Guitar)

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/SC-001-TheMajorScale.php

Now, then a little thought occured to me, are these positions that everyone uses? am i supposed to learn positions or how to make me own?

I know the W W H W W W H is the major scale formula, but i dont know how to use it, or when to use it, nor why..

I do understand a little bit of the caged system, how the chords are made, just never incorporate.

So what exactly does it mean to learn a major scale. So far i have been thinking that these 5 positions is bascially learning the major scale (puts on flame suit) but then realized that it is a bit too easy..

How do you learn it lol? I understand there are keys, if im correct, it is established by the root on the the scale.

How did you learn the major scale?
Quote by adlix
alright, so i have been following and learning these scale positions (offered by Justin Guitar)

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/SC-001-TheMajorScale.php

Now, then a little thought occured to me, are these positions that everyone uses? am i supposed to learn positions or how to make me own?

I know the W W H W W W H is the major scale formula, but i dont know how to use it, or when to use it, nor why..

I do understand a little bit of the caged system, how the chords are made, just never incorporate.

So what exactly does it mean to learn a major scale. So far i have been thinking that these 5 positions is bascially learning the major scale (puts on flame suit) but then realized that it is a bit too easy..

How do you learn it lol? I understand there are keys, if im correct, it is established by the root on the the scale.

How did you learn the major scale?

You can't make your own positions - the notes are where they are.

WWHWWWH is the pattern of intervals of the major scale - follow that from the root note and you get the notes of the scale. W is a whole step, or full tone which corresponds to a 2 fret difference on the guitar, H is a half step or semitone which corresponds to a single fret difference. You need to know the notes on the fretboard to understand this, it won't make any sense otherwise.

Have a read of Josh Urban's Crusade articles in the columns section, they explain things better.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com