I've been having alot of problems lately with learning electric guitar and if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

1. When i hear distortion music i don't hear anything during the time of two chords. When you play acoustic guitar it's easy to switch because it sounds alright, but when you switch on a distortion there seems to be some noise of me letting off the chord to switch to the next. Am i suppose to slightly mute the last chord and go on or what?

2. When i use (5) power chords like C5 and G5 i lay my pointing finger across the whole board and use my index or pinky finger to cover the two below it. Should i be holding the bottom two with both my index and pinky or would barring be fine?

3. What does this mean? 15r17r15... Does this mean full bend from 15 to make it sound like the 17th fret and back to fifteenth.

4. When bending how do you release without it sounding like you just plucked the string wildly.

5.If you were to learn all the modes and pentatonic. does this mean that you could play any solo from just know the basic chord structure.

and lastly 6. My amp is giving me trouble lately. I have a Skx fender amp and a line six spider 2. What is the best way to hook the spider into my fender amp? Through Hi Lo or In? also i makes this horrible screeching noise lately when im trying to adjust it or hook it up differently.

Thanks ahead for any help.
1) when playing full open chords distorted, you have to completely revamp your technique - yes, mute, pick slightly differently, release your fretting hand after strumming etc. Guitarists do this in different ways, experiment until you're happy with it. a hell of a lot dont bother with open chords at all on distortion

2) it doesnt matter much at all. again its personal preference. Barring is arguably easier when you're playing combinations of powerchords rooted on both the E string and the A string

3) r means "bend release" - bend up to the note, then release it as opposed to bending back down.

4) by being gentle with it

5) no, because some songs are chromatic or dissonant, change key, etc. Yes, you could solo over most songs (anything completely melodic or with a basic chord change system like in some jazz), but you'd be incredibly limited by ignoring the massive range of scales out there.

6) im not sure i understand the question. you have 2 amps and are trying to connect the two together?

i hope i could help
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by jeowy
1) when playing full open chords distorted, you have to completely revamp your technique - yes, mute, pick slightly differently, release your fretting hand after strumming etc. Guitarists do this in different ways, experiment until you're happy with it. a hell of a lot dont bother with open chords at all on distortion

2) it doesnt matter much at all. again its personal preference. Barring is arguably easier when you're playing combinations of powerchords rooted on both the E string and the A string

3) r means "bend release" - bend up to the note, then release it as opposed to bending back down.

4) by being gentle with it

5) no, because some songs are chromatic or dissonant, change key, etc. Yes, you could solo over most songs (anything completely melodic or with a basic chord change system like in some jazz), but you'd be incredibly limited by ignoring the massive range of scales out there.

6) im not sure i understand the question. you have 2 amps and are trying to connect the two together?

i hope i could help

On 6 i was saying i got a spider six Headcab. I mean the one that just changes how it sounds rather than an amp. Im hooking it up to the Fender Amp
so its like a preamp? then it shouldnt matter which input you use.

is the screeching noise just when you adjust things? cos then its probably the cables. beyond that i cant really be much help - sorry
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
I will tell you something about playing, it will take you some days to get used to the electric guitar size. After that it will be all glory for you.

Learn the most scales you can. Not every song is written in just the same type.

Use any input you want with the amps. And as jeowy said, the screeching is the cables or some problem with the internal controls of the preamp. (Happened to a mic amp i have right now =.=)
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P