well, I am planning to make a customized guitar... and I actually want it to be as technical as possible... every details should suit my taste...

So now, I'm asking for your knowledge about the following:

- different kinds of pickups and their characteristics as pickups and their characteristics on the three different positions of the pickup (neck, body, bridge)

- woods for fretboard and for body

- materials for fretbars

Thanks!
What style of music, what amps, and what kind of guitar(ie, what kind of wood is the guitar made from)?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Dont build your own neck, youll screw it up, unless you have a thousand years of experiance in creating necks, my friends bulding his own, bought some wood for the body off ebay, and mutilated a strat copy for electronics and the neck.

Most importantly get the scale length correct or it wont intonate.

If i was you id do a simple single humbucker with a TOM bridge and regular tailpeice with somehting like basswood for a nice in the middle kind of body wood tone then find an old neck or buy one off ebay.
Quote by beckyjc
Dont build your own neck, youll screw it up, unless you have a thousand years of experiance in creating necks, my friends bulding his own, bought some wood for the body off ebay, and mutilated a strat copy for electronics and the neck.

Most importantly get the scale length correct or it wont intonate.

If i was you id do a simple single humbucker with a TOM bridge and regular tailpeice with somehting like basswood for a nice in the middle kind of body wood tone then find an old neck or buy one off ebay.

that is very sound advice
actually, I'm hiring people to do it for me... so what I'm asking for now is that I need a list of pickups and their characteristics as well as good wood for fretboard and nice materials for fret bars and other specs, thanks