Hi!

I am about to buy my first tube head, I can decide between an Engl Savage 60 and a Marshall DSL50. The Savage is about 25 years old, it doesn't even have light in it like the new engls, but it sounds great! I might need new tubes for it soon, but that's no problem. I don't know how old the Marshall is, but I guess not that old.
I play (Melodic) Death Metal, so I need quite much gain, but also a nice lead sound.
I played the Engl yesterday and I really liked it! The owner said it sounds quite like a tuned Marshall.
I will try the Marshall next weekend, but what would you say I should take, and why?

The Engl costs about 750€, the Marshall 700€.

He also sells a JCM800 and a JCM900, but I didn't really like the JCM900 yesterday for our music.

Cheers!
Yeah, even people who've never seen an Engl will tell you to get the Engl
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)
Even if you weren't playing metal, the Engl would still sound better.
ENGL ftw
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

awright, get the ENGL
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
The Savage rapes the DSL.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i'd go with the engl, assuming it's in good nick, and assuming it sounds like the other engls i've tried (i haven't tried the savage 60).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?