Gday all,
Alright so i busted my guitars truss rod cover open today so i could tighten it and adjust the action only to find out the truss rod is completely loose. I never noticed it before but when you shake the neck of the guitar you can hear it move around. So how do i fix this or is my guitar completely boned? i really love this guitar and it would suck if i lost it.
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
Truss rods have about a quarter to half a turn of play. That it's loose just means that it's not supporting the neck currently. It's better to not have it completely loose, have it tightened by a quarter turn at least.
fairly sure it means the rod has come out of its nut, i read how to get it back together ages ago, i think you have to remove the neck or something to do it, ill wait for someone that knows what to do to tell ya before i make an ass of my self.
*Enter Sig Here*
Take it to a luthier if you don't know what to do but as Quailman said. About a quarter turn should fix it (Clockwise of course).
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Whoa quick replies im impressed! ive tried turning it by a quarter and a bit of a turn but doesnt do anything to it. anything else i can do? its a less paul styyle guitar btw.
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
ok turned it a bit more and it tightened it should be right ay. thanks for all the help
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
lol, why didnt you do that before? turn till you feel resistance... lol
*Enter Sig Here*