Any pointers on installing a graphics card? Like anti static techniques etc.

thanks
if it's the same "brand" ATI/Nvidia, turn off the pc remove the card, replace with the new if you have correct slot available, plug in PSU cables to the card if it needs them, turn on the pc and voila :p

shouldn't need anti static techniques, but if you wanna be sure do that thingy with your finger and at some grounded metal.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by CliffIsAngry
if it's the same "brand" ATI/Nvidia, turn off the pc remove the card, replace with the new if you have correct slot available, plug in PSU cables to the card if it needs them, turn on the pc and voila :p

shouldn't need anti static techniques, but if you wanna be sure do that thingy with your finger and at some grounded metal.

ok thanks, hop it aint difficult, it's gonna be my christmas present (ATI) and I wouldn't want to get fustrated because i cant do it on christmas day :p
nah it's not too dificult just make sure the slot fits it, It's mostly idiot proof now :p take it from me, I can be a complete retard, but I managed to build myself a computer thanks to idiot proof slots and a manual xD
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Yea, unless you're a ****in tesla coil it shouldn't be much of a problem..
I r Pirate!
if your standing on carpet touch the power supply to remove static charge before you install.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Afterwards I said to her "Why did you blitz my asshole like that?"

Good man with going with ATi - what model are you going for?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by 05t16
Any pointers on installing a graphics card? Like anti static techniques etc.

thanks

You shouldn't really have any trouble fitting it, but I do have one tip. Try and keep your computer in a safer place than just sat on the carpet, because that builds up static and can completely destroy your system.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']You shouldn't really have any trouble fitting it, but I do have one tip. Try and keep your computer in a safer place than just sat on the carpet, because that builds up static and can completely destroy your system.
just out of interest, how can static destroy hardware? Does the electrical charge malfunction the parts or something?
Forbidden Thread.

go to the sticky at the top of this forum to see where you should have posted this.

*reported*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Forbidden Thread.

go to the sticky at the top of this forum to see where you should have posted this.

*reported*

aaaaw got some sand in your vagina? It itches doesn't it?
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Quote by 05t16
just out of interest, how can static destroy hardware? Does the electrical charge malfunction the parts or something?

If a sudden surge in charge is higher than the resistance of a component it can damage/destroy that component.

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Forbidden Thread.

*reported*

INTERNET = SERIOUS BUSINESS?
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Nov 15, 2008,