well, I am planning to make a customized guitar... and I actually want it to be as technical as possible... every details should suit my taste...

So now, I'm asking for a list of your knowledge about the following:

- different kinds of pickups and their characteristics as pickups and their characteristics on the three different positions of the pickup (neck, body, bridge)

- woods for fretboard and for body

- materials for fretbars

Thanks!
what music?
price range?
amp?
anything else you'd like to tell us to make it less impossible to answer in less than 4,000 words?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
well ebony and rosewood and maple are the most common for fingerboards and mohagany and maple are common neck woods you can get fretwire and eletronics and more at warmoth.com and to see get info on seymourduncan pickups go to seymourduncan.com they have a the equlized status of their pickups and if your gonna use single coil pickups you'll need some 250k potentiometers and if your using humbuckers youll need 500k potentiometers you can also get a tremolo bridge and the nut at warmoth.com too and i asume you can get the wood and you if you use a pickgaurd you will have a little less trouble wiring it and there are usualy 2 wires in you guitar a live and a ground the live usualy being red and the ground usualy being black and it is called the ground wire because it is spliced with the grouding to the bridge which if you are goin to use a tremolo you will solder to the claw
Quote by Hoodoo Child
what music?
price range?
amp?
anything else you'd like to tell us to make it less impossible to answer in less than 4,000 words?

all right

price doesn't matter

I actually want my neck pick-up to sound good for chords (actually close to acoustic guitars if possible) so what pick-up should I use

as for the body pick up, I don't know... what would be its purpose, but I think there's a purpose for it

I want my bridge to produce liquid sound when shredding, and I want it to have a thin sound

I want my guitar to have a long sustaining ability (especially on all kinds of harmonics)

I also want to be able to make vibrato easily...\

Thanks