Page 1 of 3
... if you guys help me.

Now, I'm asking this girl out tomorrow and I bought her a rose to help her say yes. My parents are hardcore conservatives and hate the idea of me having a girlfriend (they went mad when they found out about my last one).

Anyway, I can't let them see this rose and I was wondering if I could keep it fresh by hiding it inside a freezer or refrigerator compartment. I can't leave it in water since they're likely to see it and get inquisitive and I doubt it'll last very long in my guitar case.

So will keeping it in a refrigerator leave it fresh?

PS - she's not a slut and I doubt I will get laid, but there's nothing wrong with being hopeful

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Shred Head at Nov 15, 2008,
Eat it?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
should have bought the rose tomorrow tbh
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

Why not just wait 'til closer to when you see her ... or buy her more than one rose ya cheapo ... or play chicken with a train. Those are your options as I see them.
Quote by aleb
should have bought the rose tomorrow tbh

I'm meeting her in school, and florists aren't normally open at half past six in the morning here
Quote by aaciseric
Why not just wait 'til closer to when you see her ... or buy her more than one rose ya cheapo ... or play chicken with a train. Those are your options as I see them.

I'm paying 3 pounds a rose, gimme a break
You're buying her a rose and giving it to her at school? You've got no chance.
Quote by smb
You're buying her a rose and giving it to her at school? You've got no chance.

I've been beaten to it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
keep it down ur pants, that way if it needs water...
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
just say its for your boyfriend if the object to you having a girlfriend
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
If you think a rose is going to get laid you really don't stand a chance.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
Quote by SmashThings
If you think a rose is going to get laid you really don't stand a chance.

ur right, what he's going to need is a cactus
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by Shred Head
... if you guys help me.

Now, I'm asking this girl out tomorrow and I bought her a rose to help her say yes. My parents are hardcore conservatives and hate the idea of me having a girlfriend (they went mad when they found out about my last one).

Anyway, I can't let them see this rose and I was wondering if I could keep it fresh by hiding it inside a freezer or refrigerator compartment. I can't leave it in water since they're likely to see it and get inquisitive and I doubt it'll last very long in my guitar case.

PS - she's not a slut and I doubt I will get laid, but there's nothing wrong with being hopeful

Thanks in advance

get a bunch of toilet paper and make it wet, role the wet paper around the rose, it works.
Quote by mon_the_fraser
A rose is too cliche. I say tatoo.

because carving her name with a compass in his forehead was not enough for you?
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Quote by holycow

A lubricated cactus.

In all honesty, I'm sure the TS is aware that a rose alone won't get him laid. It's not like he's giving a complete stranger a rose and asking her out....or are you?
It's been done to death. Chicks these days, they want something different, exciting. Like a Venus Fly trap!
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Read the entire post, I was just baiting you guys into the thread don't get all rational and intelligent on me.
Quote by sashki
A lubricated cactus.

In all honesty, I'm sure the TS is aware that a rose alone won't get him laid. It's not like he's giving a complete stranger a rose and asking her out....or are you?

No, I've known her for a few weeks now and she's expressed her interest in me as well which is why I'm asking her out.
Last edited by Shred Head at Nov 15, 2008,
Quote by Shred Head
Anyway, I can't let them see this rose and I was wondering if I could keep it fresh by hiding it inside a freezer or refrigerator compartment. I can't leave it in water
having the stem in water is very important. you really need to do that.

Fridge will definitely help some. Flower shops keep their flower in the fridge, you know.

Freezer? NO WAY. that will ruin it, for sure.
as soon as it thaws, the petals will turn black and fall off.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
TS: Pretend someone bought YOU the rose. Say it was as a thankyou for something at school or whatnot. Or, pretend you're drawing it (if you do Art at school.)

Also, not to rain on your parade or anything, but a single rose =/= romantic. It's a little creepy (and cheap) if you ask me.
Quote by holycow

yes,CACTUS FTW!!!
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
You WON'T get your dick wet, FYI.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
The rose is wrapped up and all so getting two wrapped up ones is just ... strange don't you think? Plus, the only other rose - bouquet they had was way out of my budget (triple digits) so I couldn't get that, and then there's the question of hiding it.
Quote by walkinbazooka
You WON'T get your dick wet, FYI.

Yeah, not only this, but if you give her a single rose (and at school, of all places) then she's probably going to reject you, even if she was previously interested.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by rigiddigits
TS: Pretend someone bought YOU the rose. Say it was as a thankyou for something at school or whatnot. Or, pretend you're drawing it (if you do Art at school.)

Also, not to rain on your parade or anything, but a single rose =/= romantic. It's a little creepy (and cheap) if you ask me.
i dunno. TS is 16. prolly not a lot of cash. and he's in Bahrain. maybe roses are expensive there?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
i dunno. TS is 16. prolly not a lot of cash. and he's in Bahrain. maybe roses are expensive there?

They're not. And I'm 16, but I could afford a bunch of roses. Hell, I could afford several bunches of roses.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Finally, someone understands. I just said, roses here cost like 5 dollars a piece, I'm not very rich and furthermore, everyone at school asked their current girlfriends out at school and I can't think of any of were rejected
Quote by zapatista89
because carving her name with a compass in his forehead was not enough for you?

Bill Bailey is awesome.
Quote by Shred Head
... if you guys help me.

Thanks in advance

You have to give her gifts to help her say yes??...........
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
Quote by sum41kid123
You have to give her gifts to help her say yes??...........

It works like this.
Girls are stupid, and are programmed to think that a guy who gives you a rose isn't just interested in getting some, thus a rose will make her think he is interested in a long-term, serious relationship, with kids and grandkids and Christmas lunches and everything.
roses are **** guys. it's far more romantic to pick a flower yourself - a real one. your change of "getting laid" will then increase twofold. buying a rose just means you have money, picking a wild flower means you had to go and find it and keep it alive until you see her. she'll like that.

why is l-a-m-e rude?
Quote by holycow

SECOND!!
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
You totaly can't put it in a freezer, its not exactly criogenic freezing lol it'll be more dead than if it was in flames
Page 1 of 3