i gonna replace the p/ups..i play lots of heavy stuff (metallica,lamb of god,emperor)
need to be able to cover blues, and killer cleans are a must.
so, i'm thinking of putting SD P-rails in the neck(cool rails, p-rail, humbucker)
and then something a lil heavier in the bridge. invader?distortion?JB?
anyone think the p-rail bridge is enough for REAL HEAVYS? its 16k..fairly high, but not as high as an invader, which is something like 18k i think
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
You want to put a single coil in the neck? You couldn't put a Cool Rails in there, but a P Rail you could.

I'd put in an Alnico II, not because Slash uses them, but because they give really nice cleans. That's all I really like them for in humbucker form.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/vintage/aph1_alnico_ii/

It should give you a really nice clean bluesy sound.

Anyways, for the bridge, you might not want to get an Invader, people are very mixed on them. Maybe get a Dimarzio Super Distortion or a SD JB. Those give better metal tones, in my opinion, without sounding too sterile.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Hm, I'd go with distortion/Jazz or '59. The bridge HB needs to be a TB-6 though, epiphone bridges are F spaced (even though they have TOM's). The invader is just mud.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
to the first guy^ the SD p-rails has a cool rail in it, so splitting it would give me a single coil. as well as a P90. aswell as a humbucker (cool rail with P90)
to one blackened^ can u explain what u mean by TB-6? would a stock size p/up not fit?
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer

Quote by wyldeshredder
to the first guy^ the SD p-rails has a cool rail in it, so splitting it would give me a single coil. as well as a P90. aswell as a humbucker (cool rail with P90)
to one blackened^ can u explain what u mean by TB-6? would a stock size p/up not fit?

T before any SD pickups name means it's F-spaced. Which means it's spaced out to be used with a trem system.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
k..gotcha......im pretty sure that theres some SD's (invader i think) that are sized to fit trems or stoptails....but thanks for clue-ing me in on that
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer

Quote by wyldeshredder
k..gotcha......im pretty sure that theres some SD's (invader i think) that are sized to fit trems or stoptails....but thanks for clue-ing me in on that

Actually, the trem-fitted model is the same price as the normal, give or take $5. Just check in the back of Musician's Friend or Guitar Center's inventory, since most of them have them behind the regular sized puppies.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate