i'm sure that all or most of you out there have heard of the band Undroath right? , , they are a christian band , but , when ppl fund that out , many lose interst. i am personally not christian but still like Underoath. is it right for ppl to stop listening to underoath etc. just because they are religious?
people stopped listening to lots of bands for being satanic, why not for being christian? same thing. just a belief
it just kinda bugs me that some ppl can be close minded enough that they stop listening to a great band , just because of that bands beliefs
Quote by chris024
people stopped listening to lots of bands for being satanic, why not for being christian? same thing. just a belief
i don't think ppl should stop listening to music they liked , because of belief , satanic bands included right?
Quote by dead_bury_dead
i don't think ppl should stop listening to music they liked , because of belief , satanic bands included right?

i agree but its the way it is.
it depends , if the band is christian than that doesnt concern me, but i wouldnt lkisten to christian songs, purely becasue id feel like a total hypocrite, and it soudns cheesy to me. thogu hthere is the odd exception, masterplan by oasis is a brilliant song. incredible guitar solo
Nah, you shouldn't stop listening to them because of them being Christian. However, I guess I'm a hypocrite because I pretty much only listen to Christian music unless I want to learn another song on the guitar. Their lyrics are very Christian, but I think that's awesome, and they're becoming my absolute favorite band. I just don't listen to much other music because I find it personally degrading and offensive.

I guess my answer is: if you don't find music to yourself or blatantly against what you believe in, then by all means listen to it.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by dead_bury_dead
true...unless the band contradicts that persons beliefs or offends them...and underoath isnt a "shove it down your throat" kind of band either so i dont know how they would do that...its almost like a raciest thing...if you dont like a person just because of race than thats completely wrong but if they did something against you or offended you than its not a matter of race any more but then personal feelings and beliefs (replace "race" with "religion")
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Nah, you shouldn't stop listening to them because of them being Christian. However, I guess I'm a hypocrite because I pretty much only listen to Christian music unless I want to learn another song on the guitar. Their lyrics are very Christian, but I think that's awesome, and they're becoming my absolute favorite band. I just don't listen to much other music because I find it personally degrading and offensive.

I guess my answer is: if you don't find music to yourself or blatantly against what you believe in, then by all means listen to it.

Wait...Did you really just call ALL non-Christian music degrading and offensive?
I love underoath and if people stop listening to them because their christian thatts their choice, i do find it slightly stupid to stop listening to a band because of their religious belifes, i listen to athiest bands and im christian

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by mrwaffles
Wait...Did you really just call ALL non-Christian music degrading and offensive?

It may have sounded like that, but I didn't exactly mean it. It's hard to describe...I like slipknot's music, not their lyrics or their values. I mean the Beatles, Metallica, etc. don't bother me. I have nothing against people who really like their music. I like to play Metallica on the guitar. However, when I listen to music, I want to listen to something that says the way I feel, even if the instrumental is not as good. I know I'm weird, but it's kind of hard to explain for me. I guess it would be theoretically like someone listening to "I hate guitar" lyrics over and over again. I'm not trying to argue here, just stating my opinion.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
It may have sounded like that, but I didn't exactly mean it. It's hard to describe...I like slipknot's music, not their lyrics or their values. I mean the Beatles, Metallica, etc. don't bother me. I have nothing against people who really like their music. I like to play Metallica on the guitar. However, when I listen to music, I want to listen to something that says the way I feel, even if the instrumental is not as good. I know I'm weird, but it's kind of hard to explain for me. I guess it would be theoretically like someone listening to "I hate guitar" lyrics over and over again. I'm not trying to argue here, just stating my opinion.

Just making sure.
Hey dead_bury_dead, stop posting about your favorite bands here! This is the pit, there's the Bands and Artists forums for artist discussion. If you want to discuss it there, fine, but until then......

*reported*
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!