so on my sg on the low E string it buzzes whenever i fret a note, if its open it doesnt buzz but whenever i fret a note it buzzes like mad, the action is pretty low which might have a lot to do with it but it wasnt doing that when i got it set up for low action. the problem is the closest luthier charges 50+ bucks to make few minor adjustments and obviously his work wasnt all that thorough because now my low e string is buzzing

i think im going to have to do this one myself. but the problem is i dont have ANY experience and every setting up tutorial i see say "make sure you have some experience before you do this" well how the hell am i supposed to get experience if everything says i need experience!!!

i really dont want to **** up this guitar, i spent like 850 dollars on it (this was before gibsons were wayyyy overpriced) but at the same time i dont want to spend shitloads of money on something they guy does in 5 minutes and then have to take it back because it starts buzzing again.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
yeah i need to find a new luthier because the one i have doesnt do shit and charges a lot of money. but i want to be able to do bridge adjustments on my own and i dont know where to start.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
it was almost a year ago tho, he might not remember
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Um I think a little raising of the action is in need. Loosen your strings till they have a bit of slack, then turn the thumbscrew clockwise, tune up and observe, then readjust if necessary.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Um I think a little raising of the action is in need. Loosen your strings till they have a bit of slack, then turn the thumbscrew clockwise, tune up and observe, then readjust if necessary.

which thumbscrew, theres two. dont i need to keep it completley level or the intonation will be off? (which is the last thingi want)
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
the one close to the low E.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Turning it clockwise will actually lower the action, so I'd recommend turning it counterclockwise.
Every player should know how to do basic adjustments. If you have to pay someone then ask if you can watch so you know how to do it next time.