I've been really wanting to write songs that i can call my own.
But besides the lack of personel (which means i gotta do this on my own)
I cant seem to have the creativity to come out with anything.

Usually the verses are ok, i can get sort of rhyme and chord progression.
However when it comes to the chorus, i cant get anything catchy, or find anything worth using as a chorus.

Plus, i usually have a slow draggy lyric style which is like hard to get rid of, more of a habit than anything. I'm looking for the alt-rock, punk-rock kinda sound but i usually get some whiney stuff.

Lyric wise, i can seldom get past writing what i think i shouldn't write cause it may hurt someone. So my lyrics arent usually honest, but is there anyway to work on it?

Is redoing a piece better than editting one?

Thanks
Write them, then improve them. Find the individual words that are "whiney" and change them one by one.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Screw everyone feelings.. Actually, people usually like songs where they can find stuff related to their lifes, etc.
I'd redo a song instead of editing. I hate to edit stuff, because that's what I wanted to write or to do at that moment.
hands down.
Ooh, the fact that you're working alone is not good...I find that when i work on something long enough alone, I end up wondering if its actually any good, then end up hating it. my recommendation, find someoneyou can trust to bounce ideas off of and have them edit your stuff.
Quote by Prisoner5
Ooh, the fact that you're working alone is not good...I find that when i work on something long enough alone, I end up wondering if its actually any good, then end up hating it. my recommendation, find someoneyou can trust to bounce ideas off of and have them edit your stuff.

Well should the someone be someone whom has the same taste of music or critical to the extent they alsmot edit the whole song?