I play metal and I'm in the market for a tube amp. Someone on my local craigslist is selling a 80-watt Peavy Transtube Bandit 112, anyone have reviews on this thing?
It's TRANStube not Tube, What is your budget?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
That is what it says, Transtube, what is the difference? Budget prolly around $300-$400.
"TransTube technology emulates the sound of tube amplifiers without the
hassle or cost of dealing with unpredictable tubes."

Are you gigging or bedroom playing?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
*epic facepalm* transtube is technology that peavey made to model tube amps. the amp is not bad, but its not tube, its just called transtube. look for a randall RG50TC, B52 AT112, or a peavey VK in that price range.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
just bedroom playing. A lot of people have recommended the RG50TC.
The Transtube is a nice SS amp. The distortion tones are solid classic rock. You'd have to add a pedal to get metal tones. Can't say how well it would do with a metal pedal. What's the price? If it's anywhere close to $200, I'd say you should consider a Peavey Vypyr 30 watt version. It will give you the metal tones.
I got a peavey studio pro 112, it's a transtube and I'm quite satisfied. Great sound.
hands down.
Crate V-Series with an OD?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
what you should either do is:
get a VK or crate V (probably not the crate V since you play metal). this would be good cause they would do well with pedals, so later on you can get a nice overdrive or a volume pedal to attenuate.

get a nice solid state amp, like a randall. this would be good cause they can sound pretty decent at low volumes.

get modeling amp or some type of modeling preamp (pod perhaps). you would be able to play through headphones, and you would have tons of versatility and nice effects.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by fly135
The Transtube is a nice SS amp. The distortion tones are solid classic rock. You'd have to add a pedal to get metal tones. Can't say how well it would do with a metal pedal. What's the price? If it's anywhere close to $200, I'd say you should consider a Peavey Vypyr 30 watt version. It will give you the metal tones.

dude i have this amp and if you have it set on modern or high gain then it will get you metal tones. i dont know how you set your amp or if you have brain damage or something though cause its just fine for metal especially for the budget. it should be in the price rang of 200-350 if its used
He is selling it for $200 or best offer, I'd rather wait to get something like the RG50TC but I don't have $600 at the moment. However I don't want to get it if it will not suit my playing style (metal, prog-metal).