I am in dire need of new strings and I finally got the old ones off. I opened up the white cover on the back and found a metal piece that the strings run through, a plate attached to 2 screws and springs connecting the two. I just do not know how to get the springs back on to connect both pieces snugly once again
Gear
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Super Champ XD
Line 6 Pod XT
Crate GTD15R
I'm having a hard time understanding what the problem is, but I would suggest going to YouTube and searching for "How to change your strings" That should give you a good visual and explain a lot. If you aren't comfortable with changing strings yourself, maybe you should take the guitar to a technician.
There should be three springs. I usually put them in a / | \ layout for better tension. You could also put them as /// or \\\ or |||. The three straight will give you the least amount of tension.

Here's a hint, though. When you change strings on a Strat, do it one at a time, because you're going to have a real hard time getting it to tune up again now that you've taken all the strings out at the same time.
Hi, I'm Peter
ok
Thank you everyone
Gear
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Super Champ XD
Line 6 Pod XT
Crate GTD15R
Quote by Dirk Gently
There should be three springs. I usually put them in a / | \ layout for better tension. You could also put them as /// or \\\ or |||. The three straight will give you the least amount of tension.

Here's a hint, though. When you change strings on a Strat, do it one at a time, because you're going to have a real hard time getting it to tune up again now that you've taken all the strings out at the same time.

how are you supposed to condition the fretboard?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Condition the revealed part whenever a SINGLE string is off?
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
alright, see the holes in the metal block? the strings go through that. That's called the bridge sustain block. The tremolo claw is there only to hold the springs in the back to the body and to make adjustments to the tension.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Leave the springs and screws alone. You only need to thread the string through the metal block with the 6 holes in it.