Hey. I own a HRD
Ill explain the situation. if i keep the amp clean with just my guitar , 1 cable and the amp the clean is clean without humming. Ofcourse when i increase volume it start a little zz'ing (but i guess that's normal).

But when i put my EHX mini big muff between guitar and guitar the buzzing increases, and when i put the pedal theres a lot hum in background. Also while humming when i touch the pedal u hear popping inside amp. I was thinking it should be something with the pedal. as hearing ur finger moving on the pedal isnt normal.
When i hold one of the jacks of my cable in my hand, the humming stops. Seems like something escapes... ??

any suggestions ?
Last edited by LeanderTh at Nov 15, 2008,
Grounding, check to see if your pedal is grounded to the screws (there should be a wire running to one of the feet screws.), if so it could just be the cables your using, or your guitar isnt correctly grounded, try new cables, if that fails, check to see if your guitar is grounded to the bridge.
how i check the grounding of the pedal ? cause i dont think its cables or guitar cause it didnt happen with other pedals
But i've bought it new like a week ago. is it possible that that attachment came loose ?
I just opened the case. But there are no wires. It's the little big muff, very compact.

suggestions ?

Edit: I definately think it's the grounding. When i touch the jack and the material of the pedal at the same time, the buzz is gone. But i can't do pretty much about it. It's solid and compact and i dont see anything u can do inside.
Quote by LeanderTh
I just opened the case. But there are no wires. It's the little big muff, very compact.

suggestions ?

Edit: I definately think it's the grounding. When i touch the jack and the material of the pedal at the same time, the buzz is gone. But i can't do pretty much about it. It's solid and compact and i dont see anything u can do inside.

is there any chance its still under warranty?
or you could stand there with one finger on the jack and one on the pedal case at the same time while you play...
are you using a battery with it, or is it plugged in?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I've tried both (using 9v boss adapter, and just using the battery that's inside) ; but what i havnt tried yet is pulling the battery out...