Really basic question, but I had a question about strings. I play somewhat often, maybe an average of about one to two hours a day, and it's all for fun (no gigs or performances). I was wondering how often people would recommend changing strings. I usually change them every couple months. Thanks in advanced.
I believe it really depends on the strings. I use Elixers and play about the same as you. I'll change them anywhere from 3 to 6 months depending on how they sound. You can go onto manufactoreres websites for more info.
well if you clean them they last longer.. as soon as they start to feel the rust on the higher strings, it's def. time to change them!
I honestly think its all a matter of personal opinion. Some people like to change them every week to keep that clean, crisp tone but other people hardly ever change their strings.

I say its time to change them whenever they don't sound/feel good to you.
Every 3 months.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

I can't even remember the last time I changed my strings... And I don't know if they sound worse because I can't remember what they sounded like in the first place! I should really change them.