Hello my fellow UGers, my birthday was last week and I have $200 from it. I would let to spend the money on some new headphones as the stock iPod ones that I'm using now suck. I would like to buy a pair that sound amazing. I was currently looking at these,

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/sk-pro-p-13.html

Should I get those, yes, no, maybe so???

If there are any other ones you think I should look into getting, please post.

Thanks.

EDIT: Will also be using the headphones for recording.
Last edited by schecter ftw at Nov 15, 2008,
Take your iPod into a decent audio shop and try all their headphones. Then buy the ones that sound the best.
look at Bose and Sennheiser...... Ug'ers will argue between which is better so check em botrh out.... skull candy = fashion headphones, at least the ones i tried, looked amazing, sounded like my cat with a hairball.
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
Quote by smb
Take your iPod into a decent audio shop and try all their headphones. Then buy the ones that sound the best.

Do this.
Find a shop who will try to sell you everything, at least that way you can see exactly what a good market has to offer. If you don't like any of them you can just walk away losing nothing but time and gaining experience
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
You don't need to spend that much for a gos set of headphones, I have the "Philips" brand, they were at the time "3 years ago" only about 50.00, they are a good set of headphones. You should shop around and look for the kind that are "noise canceling"

I use mine through my amp and the work great.

Gibson SG Classic
Laguna LE 422
Dean Razorback
Washburn LK60PS
Fender Bass
Ibanez Acoustoc/Electric
Marshall MG 15HFX Microstack
Line 6 Spider III Amp

Remeber...... Every where you go, there you are!
Quote by Time Seller
Skullcandy headphones aren't amazing, they just look good.

Grado SR-80 is great.

I bought Koss KSC75s as a spare pair, they're over-ear headphones and they're really good.

I hear Grado's can be very "loved or hated" so try them and they are open back which means a lot of sound leaks which may be a problem, also skullcandy's are apparently terrible for their price. Sennhiesers would be my suggestion. But try a load first.

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
Good lord why do you all spend so much on headphones?

I spend like $20.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Quote by I Be Andyy
Good lord why do you all spend so much on headphones?

I spend like $20.

because 20$ headphones are useless to try and record/mix with, and if i had a 20$ bill i would compulsively spend it on weed

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Quote by TenaciousLSD
because 20$ headphones are useless to try and record/mix with, and if i had a 20$ bill i would compulsively spend it on weed

Thank you for mentioning the recording part, I forgot to mention that I'm going to be using them for recording as well.
Scullcandy are average sounding at best, I had a pair of GI's and when comparing them to a pair of Sennheisers of the same price the first thing I noticed was how muddy they were with almost all of the dynamics being lost in favour of a very sloppy low end. If I was you I'd steer clear of them, unless your only looking for a pair of headphones that look good (was going to say a bit different, but it seems that in the last few months everyone has them), also they are pretty much useless for recording anything other than music about mud that sounds like mud being played with instruments made out of mud
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Nov 15, 2008,
if you want quality sound .. don't buy skullcandy
if you want quality looks .. buy skullcandy !!

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by soul_power

^these are the shit for recording, my bassist has these exact headphones and every time i see him i beg him to let me use them to record with because i can't afford them..... plus 500lbs fell on top of them and the plastic din't even chip.... i wouldn't suggest testing that but they are durable high end little bastards

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Quote by TenaciousLSD

headphones are useless for mixing period you need monitors for that.

I suggest Sony or Sennhieser.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I was at a Bose store at the Grapevine Mills Mall last April. Those are some of the best headphones I've ever listened through. I haven't listened through a lot of high end headphones though, so just get whatever you like best, but at least look at some high end Bose headphones.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
look at the apple online store, there's a wide variety, from sucky, $10's to like $249 In-ears....
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Quote by noxiosimitator
if you want quality sound .. don't buy skullcandy
if you want quality looks .. buy skullcandy !!

This is true, my $50 skullcandy headphones just shit out on my after only two months and I plan on selling the ones I get with my warranty and buying some nice bose ones.
Quote by schecter ftw
Hello my fellow UGers, my birthday was last week and I have $200 from it. I would let to spend the money on some new headphones as the stock iPod ones that I'm using now suck. I would like to buy a pair that sound amazing. I was currently looking at these,

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/sk-pro-p-13.html

Should I get those, yes, no, maybe so???

If there are any other ones you think I should look into getting, please post.

Thanks.

EDIT: Will also be using the headphones for recording.

For tracking or mixing your songs?
if tracking, get anything that wont leak sound. I use the Senn HD280 Pros for that.
For my iPod I am getting the Shure SCL2s

I think you should go with the 280s. They sound great and are at a nice price range.

If mixing songs get some proper studio monitors. You can find a set on ebay for $300. The KRK monitors are great for the price.