Okay so i can say that i can alternate pick a scale very fast upwards, but when it comes to downwards it usually ****s up.

So i was wondering, is there any kind of technique or trick people to do play fast downwards. Im not saying i need to alternate pick it, but just be able to play it as fast as i do when i play it upwards.

One example is in the "Welcome to Buckethead Land" where Buckethead plays this:

|----------------|---------------------------------|
|----------------|---------------------------------|
|----------------|---------7-6-4-------------------|
|----------------|---------------7-5-4-------------|
|-----4---5---4--|-5-5-----------------7-5-4-------|
|-2-2---2---2----|-3-3-----------------------7-5-3-|

I assume he must be using pull offs, and this is where it get's tricky.

How the hell do you do that? I can easely hammer on and pull off on slower speeds, but this seems impossible, so i was wondering if you guys could give me a few helpfull tips etc on how to do it.

Thanks alot.

PS: Sorry if this is the wrong section.
...What!?
Quote by Ergin
Okay so i can say that i can alternate pick a scale very fast upwards, but when it comes to downwards it usually ****s up.

So i was wondering, is there any kind of technique or trick people to do play fast downwards. Im not saying i need to alternate pick it, but just be able to play it as fast as i do when i play it upwards.

One example is in the "Welcome to Buckethead Land" where Buckethead plays this:

I assume he must be using pull offs, and this is where it get's tricky.

How the hell do you do that? I can easely hammer on and pull off on slower speeds, but this seems impossible, so i was wondering if you guys could give me a few helpfull tips etc on how to do it.

Thanks alot.

PS: Sorry if this is the wrong section.

you dont assume anything when it involves buckethead
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
As with everything else it's just a question of practice so break out the metronome!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
As with everything else it's just a question of practice so break out the metronome!

+1...

I was the same because i would practice more going up, now i think i am faster going down as my little finger doesn't fly around as much when decending for some reason..
So there is really no way to use your fingers the correct way to play as fast downwards?
...What!?
just stay clean and watch your efficiency, that is the correct way....no there is no magic solutions.
Quote by Ergin
So there is really no way to use your fingers the correct way to play as fast downwards?

No more so than when you're going up, the same guidlines apply: loose, small movements.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It's often helpful to break things into smaller chunks when practicing stuff. So for that run, work on the first 6 notes together, then the 2nd six notes, then put them together.