Hey Pit. I'm considering buying a new mobile phone fairly soon, and as I don't change my phone very often I'm in need of some advice on a couple of issues.

First of all, when a handset is sold 'Sim free / unlocked' does this just mean that I can use any Sim I like with it?

Also, I have two models in mind, and was wondering if people can share their experiences with or views on these two:

Sony Ericsson C702

Sony Ericsson C902

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.
sim free/unlocked means you can use any sim of any network in it.

I quite want a Sony X1 myself, but I'd need to more than double my current price plan, so I dunno bout that.
I'd avoid Sony Ericssons with joysticks, if I were you. They're fiddly to use and end up getting broken/full of crap. That, however, is the only criticism I have of Sony's mobile phones. If you can find another model without a joystick, go for it.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
go for the c902 without a doubt. its a solid phone with good build quality and full of features. i have its bigger brother the C905 8mpx and its damn good
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe
LTD EX-400BD
LTD EC-1000
LTD V-500
Zoom 707II Pedal
Vox Satchurator Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby Slash
Marshall MG100DFX...
samsung.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by -February-Star-
I'd avoid Sony Ericssons with joysticks, if I were you. They're fiddly to use and end up getting broken/full of crap. That, however, is the only criticism I have of Sony's mobile phones. If you can find another model without a joystick, go for it.
I'm going to have to +1 this.

I had 2 sony phones with joysticks in the past, one completely stopped working meaning I could only read texts <1 page long and another one would only go up after a while.

So yeah, sony phones with little joysticks = big no no.
Quote by -February-Star-

I do agree that the joysticks tend to break down after some time, but I've had two so far (K750 and K800) and loved both. Granted thet joystick on the 750 broke but just when I changed phone so that wasn't such a problem.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
As a guy who's bought a few fancy phones, they're simply not worth it. If they don't cost any extra on a contract, then go for it.
Spending a lot on something that simply isn't as good as a dedicated camera or mp3 player and gets dated extremely quickly is pointless.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.