So I've been playing guitar for like 14 or 15 months, and I think I'm past the beginner stage, but not quite at the intermediate stage. A lot of songs for me are real easy, but on the other hand, a lot seem impossible.

Does anyway know any good songs to help me transition from newbie to semi-experienced? Preferably a song with a good guitar solo that isn't too hard..
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Yeah I Feel ya, I'm at a similar stage, a lot seems wayyy too easy and most seem way too hard...bleck
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by Quam Celerrime
Through the Fire and Flames.

On Expert.

Thank you for being helpful.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Probably go with the songs Far behind by Cadlebox, or What its Like by Everlast, those seem to be a little challenging., Dont know if that will help you out at all but....You should also look into Buckcherry's-Too Drunks and Theory of a Dead Mans-Bad Girlfriend...That might help You it Helped Me.....
I remember when I was in the same situation not too long ago. I don't know exactly what stage you're at or what music styles you play, but I think you should start playing some Death. Preferably off of their Symbolic album. Crystal Mountain has fun leads that aren't that hard and the solo isn't that hard either. You might have trouble with it at first but with practice you should be able to.
Quote by DardoBoy
I LOVE YOU

Member #29 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to join
I'm at the same stage as you, also. I'm not sure what genre's you like, but I've been working on a lot of SRV and Hendrix's stuff to improve my technique (the entire songs, not just intros).
Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam and perhaps Under the Bridge by the RHCP.

Yellow Ledbetter's simple if you work on fretting with your thumb, and the solo is really fun and simple.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by Vasser
Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam and perhaps Under the Bridge by the RHCP.

Yellow Ledbetter's simple if you work on fretting with your thumb, and the solo is really fun and simple.

+1, Just learned the whole song. Sounds great, and it's kind of a challenge.
South of Heaven by Slayer?
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
What kind of stuff are you playing now? What kind of stuff are you wanting to play?

I've known people who are playing Eruption at a year's worth of playing, and some who are struggling with basic stuff after a year (me).
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by irishstang_87
+1, Just learned the whole song. Sounds great, and it's kind of a challenge.

It's also good for improvisation during the verses, as Mike McCready just kinda fools around with basic hammer-ons and pull-offs with his pinkie while fretting the chords.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by MESAexplorer
What kind of stuff are you playing now? What kind of stuff are you wanting to play?

I've known people who are playing Eruption at a year's worth of playing, and some who are struggling with basic stuff after a year (me).

I listen really simple stuff, which is another reason I find it difficult to find a kind-of-difficult song that I like.

I'm pretty open to most types of music, though, so the genre of a song isn't a big deal.

thanks to everyone who's given suggestions!
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
I recommend some Metallica. Doesn't really matter which song, they all require an extremely strict rhythm playing to sound correct despite most of their stuff having a rather simple time signature and such.

For your experience level maybe start out with Enter Sandman. Seek and Destroy is pretty easy except for the solo. Megadeth - Kill the King or Die Dead Enough.

Maybe some AC/DC. Good for chord changes, learning the basics of lead playing, and rhythm. Hells Bells, Highway to Hell, Thunderstuck, Back In Black.

Somewhere on here is a list of songs categorized (easy, intermediate, hard, advance, expert or someting like that)
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio