Page 1 of 2
I got some import beer from Ireland. When I finished it I realised there was a ping pong ball thing in there. What's up with that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widget_(beer)

and as far as Guinness goes, I don't like the cans, it was just rather...uninspiring (though I probably should have used a proper pint glass for it and not just the first random glass I found so I could have poured it all in one go), I found the bottle a bit better....
but its an entirely different experience on tap, a completely different thing (now I just have to finance myself a trip to Ireland to verify this idea entirely)
Last edited by seljer at Nov 15, 2008,
Quote by gateway8909
I got some import beer from Ireland. When I finished it I realised there was a ping pong ball thing in there. What's up with that?

guiness does it!!!
it makes a sound when you tilt the bottle when there si beer in there, kind of like a "clunk" but more aquatic. suppsoed to sound cool

EDIT: i jsut read the wiki, and its awesome.
Last edited by captaincrunk at Nov 15, 2008,
That is to make the beer foam up more when you pour so you get some good head... not the good kind but the beer kind.
So people like you go in the Pit to post Threads on them.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by captaincrunk
guiness does it!!!
it makes a sound when you tilt the bottle when there si beer in there, kind of like a "clunk" but more aquatic. suppsoed to sound cool

Ya it was that brand!
Yeah... it releases nitrogen when you open the can.
Did you like it? I find guiness kinda reminds me of black olives for some odd reason.
its a widget
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
They want you to play Ping Pong drunk, its going to be the new big sport. So now all beers contain Ping Pong balls so you never run out.
Want to find cool beers - watch Diggnation.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by GuitarMusic4894
They want you to play Ping Pong drunk, its going to be the new big sport. So now all beers contain Ping Pong balls so you never run out.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000
Fender MIM Stratocaster With YJM pickup in neck
Esp Ltd Kh-202

Crate 15w

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
DOD Yngwie J. Malmsteen OD
Digitech Rp 80
Quote by GuitarMusic4894

haha!! lets start our own drunken ping pong league!!!
uhhhhh

Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
I remembered the time I was so blazed I got a boner looking at a muffin.

Quote by Kensai
I like my ramen noodles like I like my women: Devoid of any taste lying lifeless in a body of water.

Thats how every man likes his women
Quote by Sublimical
what the hell are you drinking Guiness for anyhow? EWW

...Because he's a man? a real man? a man that does manly stuff like drinking Pints of Guinness whilst talking about the football and rugby
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
Quote by Sublimical
what the hell are you drinking Guiness for anyhow? EWW

!!!!

I actually think I'm going to report you to the authorities for this blasphemy!!
you didn't drink it straight from the can did you? you aren't supposed to do that because the widget won't work properly. and Guinness is awesome, not as good as some of the local brewery stout here, but still good.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by saxaxe
Guinness is delicious, but don't try getting drunk off it. It's like drinking bread.

I compared it to motor oil once. I stand by that being the best comparison.

2 beers to not get drunk off of:

1) Guinness

2) Molson XXX
Nah I pured it out into a glass.

Ya my buddy didint like it so thats how I got it. Trade a Coors light for it. The Guiness was a tallboy too lol
Quote by SeveralSpecies

1) Guinness

2) Molson XXX

+1
Getting drunk on Guinness is a recipe for sickness the next morning.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
+1
Getting drunk on Guinness is a recipe for sickness the next morning.

We talking Guinness Draught here? cos i had 7 pints of the stuff last night and i felt fine this morning o_0

Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
Quote by jesus2nd
We talking Guinness Draught here? cos i had 7 pints of the stuff last night and i felt fine this morning o_0

o_0 ya Guinness Draught.
Maybe it's just me, it gives me a really sick stomach the next day.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Tis a widget, I think they're used to release Carbon Dioxide which keeps the beer fizzy.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I think that most of the people who say they love beer are just saying it too keep up some sort of appearance because it's actually the most vile fucking drink ever.

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH
I think that most of the people who say they love beer are just saying it too keep up some sort of appearance because it's actually the most vile fucking drink ever.

It's an acquired taste.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I compared it to motor oil once. I stand by that being the best comparison.

1) Guinness

2) Molson XXX

its thick. Just kinda hard to drink more than 5. In fact getting to 5 is kinda like eating an entire turkey
Quote by jesus2nd

7 isn't really all that 'drunk' though, is it?
I've done that many times and been fine - it's only about 4%.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

First time I found one... I ripped the can open to get to the ball.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH

It's one of the best damn beers to cook with.

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I kinda dig Smithwicks and Guinness.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
It's an acquired taste.

Indeed. I think you definitely have to get used to it. I remember when I couldn't drink beer at all, without retching, i only drank cheap cider, but as I matured to the Earth conqueringly intelligent God I am now (lulz) i enjoyed beer much more. I drink it more than any other drink now - aside from tea.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH

...In your opinion.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Guinness from the tap is amazing. Tastes pretty horrible from cans though.

Quote by jimbob78
7 isn't really all that 'drunk' though, is it?
I've done that many times and been fine - it's only about 4%.

7 pints will get nearly all people happily wankered. Unless you only believe that being drunk is the same as reaching the point when you've puked up your pelvis, 7 pints will get most people to a rather pleasing level of drunkenness.
YOU'RE ALL WRONG!!!!!

the widget is rigged so that the second you open it it releases the CO2 carbonating it in a split second thus leaving the beer as if it had just finished brewing, freshness.... on a side noe the rapid decompression of the CO2 chamber will also drop the temp a few degrees for a colder beer....

quit geussing stuff you don't know to look knowledgable kids
Don't you try and ask me your expiration date
Plans that forgot me 99 times
you'll be the one who opens the gate.

- Cedric Bixler Zavala

Founder of the UG RHPS fanclub....

to join simply amend sig..
It's a Widget it keeps the drink frothy and guinness is a stout.
Page 1 of 2