hey guys, my band finally got a recording of a song with our new singer and i'd like to know what you think. uh i don't really have it up anywhere but our myspace, unless someone wants to tell me how to convert to the format ug wants for the profiles.
http://www.myspace.com/thekleeners
it's the first one that plays. disregard the other songs, they're shitty live recordings. lol lemme know what you think. thanks.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.
The guitar playing is great, it fits your style perfectly. The intro and the solos are right on. I really like the bass as well, it holds everything down but also gets out of the box a little and does some cool stuff. The drums aren't perfect but they're done well - its just that the recording has them a little muddy and indistinct.

The vocals though. What are you recording them with? He distorting the mic and/or the preamp all the time and it doesn't sound raw or gritty - just amateurish, like its through a computer mic. Also, it sounds like he did all of this in one take, which is a no no. There's no way he can get the intensity of this song in one take, have him do a couple full takes and punch in the more specific parts to get a better sound. If you are already doing this then I don't know - maybe its still the mic making him sound like that.

Good overall job, just keep practicing and try to get everything even tighter.
well we recorded everything at once [in two takes] with a snowball mic. first we did guitar, bass, and drums. then vocals separately. for the vocals he literally just sang straight into it. our vocalist did about three takes, i think the one we used was the last.
we know we should do it all in a few different takes but we had an hour or so to get a decent demo together so we could book a show [we got the gig].

and i'm the bassist, so thanks for that. we need some real criticism cuz comments from parents and friends are always biased.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.