are there any electric guitar strings out there that have the same amount of tension on every string ?

i think this might help prevent neck warping.

thanks
huh ? i think you misunderstood me.

for example, my d'addario 12's have an e string with 10.57 kg tension, a g string with 12.74 kg tension, an E string 9.98 kg tension, etc.

and i'm asking if there are strings with approximatly the same tension on every string.
Last edited by The red Strat. at Nov 15, 2008,
No, it's simply not possible.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
if you use the exact same gauge of string at the exact same tuning then you will. other than that, it's physically impossible.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by steven seagull
No, it's simply not possible.

Well, technically it is possible, the strings would just have to be guaged to even smaller decimal places for larger precision and the chance at some strings being much louder than others trying to compensate tension with size could be problematic.

If you found some sort of unit rate for string guage/tension i'm sure you could buy individual strings that could be more balanced; however, a good neck will not warp unless it's mistreated.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Well, technically it is possible, the strings would just have to be guaged to even smaller decimal places for larger precision and the chance at some strings being much louder than others trying to compensate tension with size could be problematic.

If you found some sort of unit rate for string guage/tension i'm sure you could buy individual strings that could be more balanced; however, a good neck will not warp unless it's mistreated.

my 1/2 year old fender american vintage strat's neck was warping, and i didn't mistreat it at all. quite the opposite actually. (fender replaced my guitar btw)
The neck's vary from guitar to guitar, just because it comes on an American Strat doesn't make it good. That neck was going to warp no matter what, don't take precautions to save your guitar, the guitar should last as long as it's going to last. That being said, if you don't take care of it, serves you right that it warped.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio