Alright, a question for the older players(As in remembers the release of the stratocaster old) or those with pictures that are somehow in colour of pre-rosewood fretboard 50's strats. Were the necks back then tinted and when people say it gives it a "classic" look they mean it, or were they natural coloured like the pre-2008 MIM standards, and the necks are just tinted now because, due to age, the vintage necks have gained a tint?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
The tinting is to give it a aged appearance.If I'm wrong oops.....
Last edited by Strat-agist at Nov 17, 2008,
i dont understand your question, but after a certain amount of use, necks tend to stain where your hands rest most.

the amount and color of the stain depends on the chemicals used in finishing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Colors on a guitar will get darker, tinted as it ages. Both neck and body. If you've ever taken the neck off a guitar thats 20+ years old you can see it where the neck was hidden in the neck joint. Kind of like a bad farmers tan
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by jj1565
i dont understand your question, but after a certain amount of use, necks tend to stain where your hands rest most.

the amount and color of the stain depends on the chemicals used in finishing.

Some of the Models have specially tinted necks to look aged.I have a American Deluxe the tint makes it look like it has been hanging around for 50yrs
Last edited by Strat-agist at Nov 18, 2008,
yeah, i know. i'm just not sure that's what he's asking.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011