i have a dave mustaine signature dean v....its the 300 dollar one.i want to make it unique.what all can i do?what can i put on/in it to make it sound better?
If you wanted a unique guitar buying a mass produced sig guitar wasnt the way to go!

Take all the parts off of it, strip it back to the bare wood and oil it. Put the hardware back on it with a set of Seymour Duncan P-Rails in it.

That'd be pretty unique, Job done!
You could repaint it, you could replace the hardware, you could wire in new pickups, you could make it a new wiring harness with push pull pots and other high quality components for better tone and coil tapping for more versatility, you could yank the frets and put a compound radius on it, you could put in different sized frets when you're done with that, you could scallop the fingerboard.....the list is endless. You need to have a goal in mind before you just start modding a guitar willy-nilly. If you have a goal, like " I need to make this guitar sound warmer.", or "This finish stinks and I want a different one." or "This guitar is always slipping out of tune, I need to stabilize that.", then at least you know where you need to get.

If you just want to change a guitar without an actual goal in mind, you'll probably regret it later on down the road when you actually develop an idea for where you would like to take the guitar tonally and cosmetically.

To put it bluntly, progress towards an unknown or changing goal is impossible. You need a fixed goal in order to attain progress, and without it, you're a man cast a-sea in the treacherous waters of endless guitar modding, haha.
Quote by jscustomguitars
If you wanted a unique guitar buying a mass produced sig guitar wasnt the way to go!

Take all the parts off of it, strip it back to the bare wood and oil it. Put the hardware back on it with a set of Seymour Duncan P-Rails in it.

That'd be pretty unique, Job done!

Do this.

If you don't want it bare then I recommend you buy this book: Guitar painting book