Does anybody know what chords sound good when using the diminished scale? I can't find it anywhere
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
You probably don't get a good sound because a Diminished progression (possibly Locrian) hasn't got a stable tonal centre. It's use is rather to draw little phrases, ideas or riffs from it, rather then to use it as a compositional device.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by RCalisto
^ on the other hand, he could do something amazing with it.

Agreed. I'm currently venturing into the world of locrian. I believe it''s possible to create something interesting from it.

MY theory is; if it exists it can be molded. I won't stop till I found what it is.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
People actually use locrian?

The diminished scale is actually really useful throughout jazz progressions due the the fact that is repeats a minor third up or down.
I hate how everyone says that locrian is useless etc. it's hard to work with, sure, but that doesn't make it stupid.
I didn't mean it's useless. I said it's near impossible to make a MODAL progression on locrian. IE make a progression that resolves to a diminished chord lol.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??