pretty much every review of line 6 gear in total guitar has it rated as 4/5 or 5/5 stars. some of the reviews just dont seem right, yes i know its basically someones opinion but they gave one of the spider iii amps a 4/5 rating. i have never heard any good things about the spider iii amps. also the review of the peavey vypyr had it rated as 3/5 stars with the only reason against it was that it was slightly complicated. i have heard nothing but good things about the vypyr amps and even though i have heard they can be complicated it doesnt take long to get used to them.
it just seems to me as though they either really like line 6 or they are getting a backhander from line 6 to give good product reviews for them.... or it could be that all these products happen to be worthy of 5/5 stars
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Guitarist also gave the Line 6 spider 150w 5/5
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Conspiracy.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I have a 120w Line 6 Spider III, plays really nice. I can see why they get good reviews and ratings. A lot of great presets, built in tuner, amazing distortion, built in effects. Easy to use and understand.
Shawn George Noel
Pretty much every review in TG gets 4/5. They don't want to upset any potential advertisers.
Quote by HISOTRA
I have a 120w Line 6 Spider III, plays really nice. I can see why they get good reviews and ratings. A lot of great presets, built in tuner, amazing distortion, built in effects. Easy to use and understand.

you can borrow my flame shield.

the spider is bad but other line 6 stuff is generally good.
Quote by HISOTRA

sounds like an advertisement...
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I haven't tried any of the line 6 amps, but I have that pod xt live, and its amazing. More effects and amps than I know what to do with.
Does being successful truly make you a sell out? Can't you do your own original music and be successful because of it?
Quote by stephen_rettie
you can borrow my flame shield.

the spider is bad but other line 6 stuff is generally good.

I got it cheap and I use it to jam, its fun to play around with and I haven't gotten any troubles with it.

Why are they disliked?
Shawn George Noel
Quote by HISOTRA
I got it cheap and I use it to jam, its fun to play around with and I haven't gotten any troubles with it.

Why are they disliked?
Sound and reliability ?
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by Ibzman
Sound and reliability ?

Like I said, I have had no problems, and it is cheap and used to jam.
Shawn George Noel
Quote by HISOTRA

YURRE PART OF THAR CONSPIRACEAAAY !!!
Part of it does have to do with advertising, but you have to give the amp credit where it is due. When I was in 8th grade, the $60 price difference was huge between the spider and cube. I ended up getting a crate because it was cheaper than the spider by about $25. The spider has quite a lot of features and tones. However, overall, the amp isn't great. The cube (30+watts) sounds better in about every way. For what the spider is, a good practice amp for metalheads at a great price in the US, I would give it a 3.5-4/5. The cube 30x+ and vypyr would easily get a 5 in my book.

You gotta keep the price/quality/targeted potential buyer relative.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by B.do
YURRE PART OF THAR CONSPIRACEAAAY !!!

I think you are part of their conspiracy by saying they have a conspiracy. You are using reverse psychology to make us think that there is no conspiracy by joking around with a conspiracy.

But honestly, I would never gig with it, the tone is not the best, but it is fun to play around with. I have never seen any Line6 ads or reviews in magazines.
Shawn George Noel
Quote by smb
Pretty much every review in TG gets 4/5. They don't want to upset any potential advertisers.

+1

Quote by MESAexplorer
Part of it does have to do with advertising, but you have to give the amp credit where it is due. When I was in 8th grade, the $60 price difference was huge between the spider and cube. I ended up getting a crate because it was cheaper than the spider by about $25. The spider has quite a lot of features and tones. However, overall, the amp isn't great. The cube (30+watts) sounds better in about every way. For what the spider is, a good practice amp for metalheads at a great price in the US, I would give it a 3.5-4/5. The cube 30x+ and vypyr would easily get a 5 in my book.

You gotta keep the price/quality/targeted potential buyer relative.

that is also a good point- you have to know their scoring criteria.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
TG reviews are atrocious, they're about 500 words long. If you want decent reviews then read Guitarist, Guitar Buyer or Guitar and Bass, TG appears to be for 12 year olds; though the tabs and interviews aren't bad.