Looking for quite a high gain amp that will give me comparable tone to Mark Tremonti, Joe Satriani and Petrucci (think his solo stuff especially), looking at about 50watt valve, something with a hell of a good punch (basswise) and spending around £600.
Funny words.
You might be able to find a very used Peavey XXX or JSX. Should do well with all of those tones. It might be closer to 800 quid for one used though.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
You might be able to find a very used Peavey XXX or JSX. Should do well with all of those tones. It might be closer to 800 quid for one used though.

What are the odds of finding a Rect-o-verb over there?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Reckon it's worth the extra push for the Screamer?

If you need the reverb and extended controls, then you should probably push.

If you can do with no reverb and one gain knob, then stick with the Thunder.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
laney tt 50 combo maybe? it has more of a marshally tone, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
What are the odds of finding a Rect-o-verb over there?

Unfortunately here, if you do find a Rect-o-verb Boogie's are hideously overpriced here, its insane and highly unfair.
^ yeah, that's the problem. you can find them easily enough, the problem is that they're around £1500 new (so even second-hand you're unlikely to find one at £600).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah, that's the problem. you can find them easily enough, the problem is that they're around £1500 new (so even second-hand you're unlikely to find one at £600).

Exactly, I wouldn't even consider buying a new Boogie, its shitty to make money by overcharging so much.
JSX combo, I know where theres a 2nd hand one for £700 in mint condition, PM me if you wanna know where. Check out my Youtube channel (link at the bottom of my post) theres a vid of my JSX combo.
Quote by minibrowny
Exactly, I wouldn't even consider buying a new Boogie, its shitty to make money by overcharging so much.

yeah, i work on the same basis.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?