Should I get a glass or a metal slide for my acoustic? I asked one of the guys at Sam Ash and he said metal would be better for a steel string acoustic but I'm just curious what anyone else here thinks
The world is full of Kings and Queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams it's Heaven and Hell
i use wood
my strings are typically too bright anyway, so it works well
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
Quote by ze monsta
Glass. It's so much nicer! Depends what metal though, either Glass or Brass. Steel is overly bright, unless your strings are dead.

Dammit gus, I wanted to pwn some n00bz, but you aren't a n00b

Steel is NOT overly bright. It's good for taming darker amps and guitars. Brass sounds dead sometimes on really dark guitars and amps.

Glass sounds too clean for a lot of applications IMO.
Quote by ProfDrum
I like ceramic myself, the joe perry mudslide one's quite nice.

that slide is actually amazing. but i just use glass slides generally. a tapered and non-tapered. i use tapered more for rhythm (cuz i can reach lower strings much easier with the tapered), and non for lead.
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Last edited by rageagainst64 at Nov 15, 2008,
i was about to ask the same question but for electric guitar. any tips between glass and metal? does it matter what i play, because i'm mainly going to go for freebird and anything by rose tatoo
Quote by imgooley
Dammit gus, I wanted to pwn some n00bz, but you aren't a n00b

Steel is NOT overly bright. It's good for taming darker amps and guitars. Brass sounds dead sometimes on really dark guitars and amps.

Glass sounds too clean for a lot of applications IMO.

Steel is bright as **** on new strings dammit! it's got that annoying jangly sound, especially on acoustic.

Perhaps I exaggerated with the overly, but will you agree it's got a bright, in your face sound?
Last edited by ze monsta at Nov 15, 2008,
Quote by ze monsta
Steel is bright as **** on new strings dammit! it's got that annoying jangly sound, especially on acoustic.

Perhaps I exaggerated with the overly, but will you agree it's got a bright, in your face sound?

It is bright, but not overly bright. It's a useful sound for a lot of things.
Part of me is starting to learn to steel because I want a bright sound but not something thats too bright
The world is full of Kings and Queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams it's Heaven and Hell
Quote by Fallen Syn
Part of me is starting to learn to steel because I want a bright sound but not something thats too bright

i usually use steel on electric and its fine, i suck at slide but i dont think sucking at it effects how bright it is lol