So, "Old Faithful" has finally decided to pack it in.
Brilliant.

Basically, i need a new amp, and fast.

I've done some research since my last thread, but i'l go into that in a minute. I'll run over the specs again:

-Jingly-jangly cleans (although not to bothered if not)
-Decent range of distorted tone (blues to crunch to REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWN high gain)
-Enough volume to gig with (i.e. NOT a practice amp)
-upper limit £400, prefferably lower
-i don't need effects or modelling, so forget it line 6 spongers

As i said, i've had a look at a few, including:
-Randalls (RX75RG2, RG200G3 etc.)
-Bugeras (333-212 etc.)
-Peaveys (second hand stuff)

Thoughts?
Quote by UG Team
If you like Cannibal Corpse, Despised Icon and Morbid Angle as much as you like Six Feet Unde and Hatebreed, then you’ll totally be impressed by Carnifex.

"Morbid Angle", "Six Feet Unde"

DEMON OF THE FALL
Used Triple XXX combo would be good. Check out the Bugeras and see if you like them. Maybe try a Laney VC/LC series.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
bugera has good amps and are pretty versatile and still affordable
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
What type of tones are you trying to accomplish as your main tone? Is it more of a metal? of so, then what type of band are you trying to get close to? Thats the big question right now.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
For that kind of versatility the 333XL would be a really good option.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by LaidBack
What type of tones are you trying to accomplish as your main tone? Is it more of a metal? of so, then what type of band are you trying to get close to? Thats the big question right now.

Yeah i do play a lot of metal, but ideally i'd have something versatile. When it comes to bands, i'm really int the Kilswitch Engage growly thing, MoP era Metallica, erm... Satch, PG...Hendrix, quite a wide range really! (which probably doesn't help)
Quote by UG Team
If you like Cannibal Corpse, Despised Icon and Morbid Angle as much as you like Six Feet Unde and Hatebreed, then you’ll totally be impressed by Carnifex.

DEMON OF THE FALL
I reckon i'm goin for a Vox AD50VT-XL, the stereo higain evil overlord of the valvetronix range, which pretty much meets all of my requirements, besides effects/modelling, which, to be honest, make the Vox a whole lot better than it already is.

I'd much rather have this than something i haven't tried online.

Unless you have some urgent reason why i shouldn't...
Quote by UG Team

DEMON OF THE FALL
Quote by darkstar53
I reckon i'm goin for a Vox AD50VT-XL, the stereo higain evil overlord of the valvetronix range, which pretty much meets all of my requirements, besides effects/modelling, which, to be honest, make the Vox a whole lot better than it already is.

Well, I do have one, but I wouldn't recommend it for one reason.

Quote by darkstar53
-Enough volume to gig with (i.e. NOT a practice amp)

It has enough volume to overcome an acoustic drumset in reheasal place, yes, but gig with it? I wouldn't be too sure. You can mike it, but still I wouldn't say it had enough volume for gigging.
i guess, but i won't be regularly gigging with it. It seemed to have a nice range of tones when i tried it, and at £254 it's a steal.

And i'd rather buy locally than pay for something that i haven't tried, even though i could probably get something better...
Quote by UG Team

DEMON OF THE FALL
Bugera 333xl or a 6505 used. Might have to save up a little more money but the patience will be worth it. Don't make the mistake of rushing to much or you'll just need another amp in 2 months.
but that's the thing: i can't be patient, my amp doesn't work.

hmm...
Quote by UG Team

DEMON OF THE FALL
Quote by darkstar53

hmm...

Really?

I haven't touched my ValveKing in like 3 weeks while I've been waiting for it to sell. I'm pretty patient over here
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by darkstar53

hmm...

got a credit card? I'd figure out something before I bought a crappy amp honestly.