ok, so ive got a decent guitar (jackson dk2m pro dinky), and a decent (well good enough) amp (marshall vs30r valvestate). With those two i can get an ok sound, but the amps built in gain isnt very flashy. turning it all the way up will give it some bite, but it causes a whole bunch of noise. Me, i like a lot of treble in my tone, but still warm sounding, and i can almost get to where i completely like it on the gain channel, but i want to find a gain based pedal that can sound the way i want it to sound. i want it to have a lot of bite, with screaming treble souunds, but still warm bass and mid range, and rich with harmonics. i dont know a perfect match of a guitarist with that tone. Anybody know any pedals that will pull something like that off? thanks!

oh yeah, and my budget is 100 and under. thanks!
I am a Stephenist
Last edited by 5150rando at Nov 15, 2008,
Quote by Skierinanutshel
MI Audio Crunch Box

edit: heck, go all out and get a Fulltone GT-500.

thanks, but more gain is needed
I am a Stephenist
get a metal muff
squier starter amp
squier bullet strat
epiphone les paul custom elitist with duncans
blackheart handsome devil
peavey vyper

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
100 and under? 100 what?

Screw it, just get a Blackstar HT Dual. Best metal distortion pedals ever, pisses all over a Metal Muff or anything by Boss.
Quote by Tom_hatton
100 and under? 100 what?

Screw it, just get a Blackstar HT Dual. Best metal distortion pedals ever, pisses all over a Metal Muff or anything by Boss.
oh yeah, sorry. 100 dollars
I am a Stephenist
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Get a Keeley modded Boss Metal Zone. Best metal distortion pedal there is.

oh yeah, and i already got a metal zone pedal. i want something with less gain
I am a Stephenist
Quote by 5150rando
oh yeah, and i already got a metal zone pedal. i want something with less gain

Oh ok, um, then you're probably wanting an Overdrive pedal for sure.
Zakk Wylde MXR maybe?
Keeley modded TS9 is really good too.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
wait, thats too much (*cough*digital*cough*) gain, and the crunch box isnt enough?

idk, im looking at peoples reviews online and nobody there seems to want to pump up the treble... idk im just bored.
I am a Stephenist
What about a MXR CSP-021? Sounds just like what you want.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Vox Satchurator... It does what you want.
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
Quote by Skierinanutshel
have you watched the demos of the crunch box on youtube?

...Wow

¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Quote by Skierinanutshel
wow as in

or wow as in

As in x π