Okay okay, in my eyes its like this...

Modern Rock = Blink 182, Sum 41, All time Low, Bullet for My Valentine, Linkin Park, Taking Back Sunday, All American Rejects, Spill Canvas, Plus 44

God i can't think lol but yeah tha style...

When i look around at like itunes they seem to have the idea that things like the Kooks is rock?? or The Feeling? Seriously thats not rock.

What are your views of this?
Pretty much all those bands you listed are 'Pop-Punk.' Look around this forum and you'll see what Modern Rock is.

Although when I think Modern, I do sometimes think contempory or alternative. But name a band nowadays that are straight up Rock.
Last edited by hazzmatazz at Nov 15, 2008,
Quote by leej11
Okay okay, in my eyes its like this...

Modern Rock = Blink 182, Sum 41, All time Low, Bullet for My Valentine, Linkin Park, Taking Back Sunday, All American Rejects, Spill Canvas, Plus 44

God i can't think lol but yeah tha style...

When i look around at like itunes they seem to have the idea that things like the Kooks is rock?? or The Feeling? Seriously thats not rock.

What are your views of this?

Get new eyes. And don't trust iTunes on genres.

If you look around on this forum and check the threads you might get an idea, I think a lot of these threads are quite justly placed under modern rock. You are thinking of pop-punk or something like that.

edit: yea, what the hazz said
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Blink 182, and Sum 41 would be Punk. Bullet for my Valentine would be Emo (crappy, yes but the freaks who cut themselves need SOMETHING to accompany their mood). Haven't heard of the others except Linkin Park but I don't know how to classify them.
Whats a sig?
Quote by hazzmatazz
Pretty much all those bands you listed are 'Pop-Punk' or 'gay.' Look around this forum and you'll see what Modern Rock is.

Typical.

Don't call bands "gay" just because you don't like them. I thought Mod rock was more mature than that.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
Typical.

Don't call bands "gay" just because you don't like them. I thought Mod rock was more mature than that.

Yeah, ok. I'm just tired. At the end of the day it's just music. I apologise.
Quote by hazzmatazz
Yeah, ok. I'm just tired. At the end of the day it's just music. I apologise.

Yeah fair enough, it's just that I've seen this forum get a lot more genre abusive lately. It's quite annoying.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Oheric
Blink 182, and Sum 41 would be Punk. Bullet for my Valentine would be Emo (crappy, yes but the freaks who cut themselves need SOMETHING to accompany their mood). Haven't heard of the others except Linkin Park but I don't know how to classify them.

Nice avatar.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
The elitism in this htread is suffocating.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by rockon1824
When I think of Modern Rock, I think of Led Zeppelin, The Doors, The Beatles, and the like.

Some people tell me I'm stuck in the '60s.

Modern Rock's changing with all these post-rock bands around these days.

Edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_rock

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Pizza The Hut
Anything thats shit wrapped up in a "rock" package.

Examples?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Mainstream rock of modern times.

That's it.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by Oheric

Sum 41 def isnt punk, punk is NOFX and Bad Religion not Sum 41 they have lots of traditional metal hints in there songs. As for BFMV being emo are you serious? They fall into the metal category.

Modern Rock is Shinedown, Alter Bridge, Foo Fighters, Seether, Breaking Benjamin, Staind, band they mostly play hard rock but in the present tense therefore being modern.
The most talented man on earth...
Quote by duncang
Nice avatar.

It makes me sad that users with Metallica avatars are often the most ignorant.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
yawnnnn
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...