Do you want to have the texture too? Also I know that in the guitar finishing thread there is something about using fabric, and you could buy some snakeskin fabric and then finish it with that and it might not be too difficult.
for certain models, they actually put real snakeskin on the unfinished wood, and then under a thick clear finish. but im sure the process is similar with some material thats close to snakeskin. so id imagine it would be very difficult to do as a home project
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Like Datrooper saide above, you'd need a fabric like snake-skin (or at least the snake-skin effect)
Jackson/Charvel are usually all airbrushed models, hence the high price & the fact they're on high-level guitars.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by rageagainst64
for certain models, they actually put real snakeskin on the unfinished wood, and then under a thick clear finish. but im sure the process is similar with some material thats close to snakeskin. so id imagine it would be very difficult to do as a home project

I've never purchased real snakeskin but it doesn't sound very cheap! I think a fake fabric would be the way to go, because if you mess up you can just get some more, if you mess up with snakeskin you're screwed. You only get one chance to do it right with the snakeskin and unless you're a professional I would go with the fabric, also either way if you decide to do it keep us updated with pics!
If you used fabric you may be able to finish a sample of wood first to get the feel of it, not sure though I've never tried it. However, if you plan on using REAL snakeskin you only get one chance unless you have a giant supply of snakeskin or don't mind paying a lot for it!
Try fishnet stockings put it on the body then paint remover and it looks like snake scales.
Get one of these, in the thicker style to add depth to the finish.

http://www.stencilplanet.com/browseproducts/Snake-skin-stencil.html

Sand the guitar down to P220 grit.

Wipe with mild panel wipe.

Spray two coats of High Build 2K (2 pack) primer.

Apply the stencil.

Spray the guitar with several coats of High Build primer.

Remove stencil and after it dries check the texture.

If texture is insufficient, re-apply stencil and spray more primer.

Once the primer has dried for the recommended time, lightly scuff sand with wire wool. The wire wool will be easier to get into the texture.

Then get a suitable picture or pattern, for the colours on the skin that you want.
Spray the background colour first, then the next colour etc.

Observe correct application procedures.

Clear coat it, but not too much or you will lose the texture.

Buff it.