21 50%
VoxAD15vt XL
0 0%
VoxAD30VT XL
5 12%
Vox AD15VT XL
1 2%
Voters: 42.
I m looking for a good amp to play both at home and in small concerts (very small,with friends).I've always thought that roland 30x should be the right choice for me,but today i tried other very cool amps that troubled me a lot...

a Vox AD15VT-> very nice effects,very clear sound (even more that roland that ,imho,sounds a bit "closed")...and also a very nice metal distortion and great effects and channels

a voxad50vt XL--->i was looking for something metal,but this is even TOO metal...too many distorted channels...but i tried both amps not so much (i always have no free time to go to a shop and try...same today..)

So my analysis might have been too superficial to judge and to fin the amp that really fits for me...i just want a amp that can give me a nice metal distortion (thrash/heavy metal,but also power as guardians's,angra's etc) but also some nice clean channels (blues,acoustics etc) and with tha right quantity of Watts to play in my room,but also with friends in a garage or something like this...

AMPS:

°Roland Cube 30X

°VOx AD15VT

° " - XL

°VOX AD30VT

° " -XL

Thanks!
Quote by Baby Joel
Vox AD30VT. Its the same as the AD15VT, but bigger, and therefor better, since its a hybrid tube.
The XL versions of both Vox will make it more metal. And Roland Cubes sound to be more metal, in my opinion.

Well,as i saw,tha XT version is almost ALL metal,so i dunno if there are also other channels to make it also versatile o-ò
I have a Vox AD50VT I used to use, and it sounds really great. Good distortion and overdrive, good cleans, it's a good amp all around, and it's very versatile. There's even a whole website dedicated to presets you can try. Valvetronix.net.

From what I've heard, the XL is no where near as good or as versatile as the AD, and like you said, it's more metal. I recommend the AD50VT for what you're naming, I think you'll be very happy with it.

Just wondering, what kind of guitar do you have?
Quote by GNRjungle87
I have a Vox AD50VT I used to use, and it sounds really great. Good distortion and overdrive, good cleans, it's a good amp all around, and it's very versatile. There's even a whole website dedicated to presets you can try. Valvetronix.net.

From what I've heard, the XL is no where near as good or as versatile as the AD, and like you said, it's more metal. I recommend the AD50VT for what you're naming, I think you'll be very happy with it.

Just wondering, what kind of guitar do you have?

Well,i ve a sx sst strato replica >DDDD though to change the amp before the guitar anyway maybe the 50 has a too big amount of watt,sould be a 30 agood choice anyway? o.ò?
i voted on the wrong amp by accident but dont get the AD30, i played one and i didnt like it at all, theres always an effect on, doesnt really have good cleans and the effects are dull after you change to a different one.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by KennySG
i voted on the wrong amp by accident but dont get the AD30, i played one and i didnt like it at all, theres always an effect on, doesnt really have good cleans and the effects are dull after you change to a different one.

What? It's called the bypass button, buddy.

And TS, if the 50 watter is too much power, than the 30 should do the trick.
Quote by KennySG

...Bypass? And the effects actually sound quite nice if you know what you're doing. Nothing compared to a pedal of course, but its a built in effect.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Vox AD30VT. I own the AD50VT and it sounds amazing.(The only difference is that mine can go up to 50 watts) The effects are great and there are enough amp types in it to fit nearly any playing style.
?!
While all prvious options are decent, might I suggest if you have the money, a Fender Super Champ XD or an Orange Tiny Terror Combo generally make for better small-level practise amps. Both are all tube, the Orange is a little higher quality but the Fender comes with a second channel that includes some basic digital effects, preset EQ/modelling, and solid state gain (which can all be totally bypassed with the first channel if you just want pure valve tone).

They do cost a bit more than the Roland or Vox, but if you can spare the cash, both are better options.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
While all prvious options are decent, might I suggest if you have the money, a Fender Super Champ XD or an Orange Tiny Terror Combo generally make for better small-level practise amps. Both are all tube, the Orange is a little higher quality but the Fender comes with a second channel that includes some basic digital effects, preset EQ/modelling, and solid state gain (which can all be totally bypassed with the first channel if you just want pure valve tone).

They do cost a bit more than the Roland or Vox, but if you can spare the cash, both are better options.

Well,i m still doing a sort of sacrifice proposing a vox XD and i'd have any chance to try them too

Anyway,about Metal Channels? i know that the rolands should be the best choice for metal leadings,but how is a vox(not the XL version at least) compared to the roland? As i tried it s kinda good,but i didnt try enough to be sure
Quote by TheQuailman
Imo the Vox is better at everything than the Roland. But then again a Vox is considerably pricier.

Even about the distorted channels?
I think the Roland has a more powerful, yet untamed, metal. You can get heavier and bigger out of a Roland, but I think the Vox has a more controlled I-Know-What-I'm-Doing sound, as opposed to the Roland's I'll-Turn-All-The-Knobs-To-Max sound.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
I think the Roland has a more powerful, yet untamed, metal. You can get heavier and bigger out of a Roland, but I think the Vox has a more controlled I-Know-What-I'm-Doing sound, as opposed to the Roland's I'll-Turn-All-The-Knobs-To-Max sound.

So the vox has a moreprecise control system?

And what about not the genre of sound,but the quality of the sound itself?