I really love the sound of the Ibanez Tube Screamer TS-9 but I need more of an opinion on it. It looks like a really simple pedal to use which is good as I've not been playing guitar long and the pedal I get will be the first I buy so I don't want something too complex. I was just wondering what other people's opinions are of it or if someone knows of a better pedal for what I want. Thanks.
If you haven't been playing guitar long then you don't have a tube amp.

If you don't have a tube amp the tubescreamer will sound like ass.
Quote by iLiamKelly
I feel stupid.

It's ok, most of us have done something like this.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by Sixp0under
Well TS, it would seem youve dialled a whole bunch of wrong numbers on your cellfail.

YOU ARE A GENIUS.
Actually, I've used a TS-9 on my Randall and if you don't go overboard and just use it as a slight "boost" to your gain it sounds great.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
well on this subject... would it be possible to paint(like spray cans and stuff) a pedal without messing it up?
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
I have the TS-808 I know there is a big price difference but it sounds good, lacking a bit if the tone knob is lower... but sounds good with little or lots of overdrive.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by cm_punk_fan
well on this subject... would it be possible to paint(like spray cans and stuff) a pedal without messing it up?

Why not? Just mark the parts you don't want sprayed with tape, and any crevices where paint could get inside the pedal, or take it apart and paint the casing.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by cm_punk_fan

As long as you're carefull not to get any paint into the electronics I don't see why not.

But why would you wanna paint Teh Lime Green Monstar~ ?
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Quote by Garou1911
As long as you're carefull not to get any paint into the electronics I don't see why not.

But why would you wanna paint Teh Lime Green Monstar~ ?

i'm talking about the one i'm getting, its a black generic looking one... i wanna give it some flair
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by cm_punk_fan
i'm talking about the one i'm getting, its a black generic looking one... i wanna give it some flair

Ah. Yeah, no reason you shoulden't be able to. Tape over any gaps where the electronics are and be careful not to make the knobs stick and it should be fine. If possible, try taking off the knobs and removing the top part of the casing to make it easier.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Quote by GNRjungle87
YOU ARE A GENIUS.

Hmmmmm i dont trust you, i dont know whether you were being sarcastic or not.
Quote by Sixp0under
Hmmmmm i dont trust you, i dont know whether you were being sarcastic or not.

Lol, after I posted that, I was like...that sorta looks like sarcasm, oh well.

It's not. You're a genius for that statement lol.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Lol, after I posted that, I was like...that sorta looks like sarcasm, oh well.

It's not. You're a genius for that statement lol.

Oh right, cheers dude I do enjoy making those types of statements. XD
Quote by iLiamKelly
I don't get it. I'm a retard.

Someone needs to see a guidance counselor. :P