In the mood for another fuzz. Tried the Fulltone '70, which was really nice!!!! If you want a fuzz that can go, from smooth to sputtering, this is your pedal. It also has a mids pot, which comes in handy. I was very impressed.

As I was about to check out, I saw the Swollen Pickle. Tried it and really dug it. Very versatile for a fuzz. I haven't messed with the internal trim pots yet!!!

So, these are two very different fuzz pedals. I liked both. The reason I picked up the Pickle was that they only had one in stock. I can always pick the '70 up this week.

Fulltone pedals are great, but from what I've heard Way Huge pedals are the shit. I can't wait until we get them at my store. I'm definitely going to try one as soon as I can.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
Clips of the thing?

I love fuzz pedals
Hey dude if you REALLY want one of the best fuzz available then try out the Captain Coconut 2. They are out of production but you can find them on e-bay.
Sorry, no recording equipment yet.

Messed with the internal trim pots. Obviously, I haven't used this pedal live yet, but with the scoop pot maxxed and the internal voice pot maxxed, this thing kicks out some mids. So I think that it will do fine cutting through in a live mix. We'll see though.

forsaknazrael: Was your '69 a kit or did you source the parts? I kick myself in the butt everyday, when I think about the '69. My shop had them for a while. I always meant to pick one up. Next thing you know, they are discontinued. $150 to $300, overnight.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I guess the WAY HUGE content thing was a joke.

WAY HUGE is the manufacturer - one of the first big 'botique' companies, recently back in business...

I can't decide now, I was looking at a Red Llama clone - but now the Swollen Pickle looks really good too, woe is me.
Quote by The Real Ming
Sforsaknazrael: Was your '69 a kit or did you source the parts? I kick myself in the butt everyday, when I think about the '69. My shop had them for a while. I always meant to pick one up. Next thing you know, they are discontinued. $150 to $300, overnight.

I sourced the parts. As long as you compensate your pedals' bias for the transistor's gain, you're in the green. Too many people worry about exactly matching the gain levels, but if you compensate the bias with some resistor values, it'll get the right tones.
I'm gassin for a fuzz, bad, right now. I love my Big Muff, but I need some more variety