Hi all!!

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of GFS. Fat PAT for neck and Power Rails for bridge.

They'll take some time to get to my place and it will take me some time to get to my place so review will take long to get in.

They'll go into an alder (I think) body... I was looking at more warmth and better low end.

Price seems right (especially now) and reviews are good.

Anyone has this combo?? Was it a good choice for hard rock, average joe metal and decent clean tones?

Would you recommend to pony up for the push pull and do the split coil thing?

Thank you!
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
Fat PATs FTW! Best overdrive tones, perfect for hard rock/metal. Cleans are.. very fat. Complete opposite to a strat.
Never had any experience with the Power Rails, but expect trebley, sterile cleans and harsh distortions. Perfect for metal.
As for coil tap, definitley worth it. Turns 2 pickups into 4. 2 push/pull pots should work nicely and give a good range of options. Essential to get hollow, fender-esqe cleans.

We should start a GFS group (if there isn't one already).

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Quote by JMcG92
Fat PATs FTW! Best overdrive tones, perfect for hard rock/metal. Cleans are.. very fat. Complete opposite to a strat.
Never had any experience with the Power Rails, but expect trebley, sterile cleans and harsh distortions. Perfect for metal.
As for coil tap, definitley worth it. Turns 2 pickups into 4. 2 push/pull pots should work nicely and give a good range of options. Essential to get hollow, fender-esqe cleans.

We should start a GFS group (if there isn't one already).

Yeah, sounds like I was looking for... I will spring for the push-pull then.

Could you compare the Fat PAT to a DiMarzio PAF Pro or other PAF's?
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
The coil tap option is one you should definately take advantage of. I currently have Crunchy Rails, Fat Pats, Vintage 59's, Retrotron Liverpools, and Dreamtron 180's in various guitars. I love GFS pickups, their responsive as hell and deliver the tone in spades they were designed for.