ok,

Ive been playing guitar for about 2 to 3 years and the entire time I've been playing a Peavey Raptor Plus ...Now, this guitar, it was really good for a beginner but it definitely is not meant to be played as much as i do for as long as I have. i have the plain black one so it's also not the best looking of guitars. ive played it so much that on the neck behind the 5th fret ive worn the finish off and the wood is an almost greenish tint

obviously its time for an upgrade.

Within the next 4 months, because I need a new guitar so bad, I have been promised to guitars. One for my birthday and one for christmas. I am not sure which one i will get on which day.

the first guitar that I've already made up my mind for is the Epiphone SG Prophecy EX. But, the downside to this guitar is that it cant play anything lighter than something similar to black sabbath or relatively hard rock.

the second guitar im getting is currently unknown and i need advice on which guitar i should get.

Here are some preferred specs for it.

i need something relatively versatile...it needs to be able to play anything from light acoustic (of course no electric adds up to an acoustic for that but only relatively good)
to something about as hard as iron maiden.

it needs to have at least three pickups on it with at least one single coil and one humbucker. They do not need to be very high quality because they will be replaced. they are just so that the guitar has the right holes cut out.

it must have a tremolo bridge THAT IS NOT A FLOYD ROSE OR ANYTHING SIMILAR. I need something taht will stay in tune if i use the whammy bar...

It needs to stay in tune pretty well. one of my pet peeves is having to tune a guitar constantly

It needs to be able to withstand a little bit of alternate tuning

It must not be an obnoxious shape (ML, V, etc..)

it preferably should have 24 frets and a quilted paint job BUT IS NOT ESSENTIAL.

And must be under 700 dollars

Now, if you know of a guitar that matches most of these specs but not one or two that recommendation would be good too.

Also, one last thing, please do not criticize my other decision. All I want is advice on the one specified...please no other discussions
that is alot of stuff. i cannot think of a guitar like that sorry
yeah, i was considering the strat but i havent been able to find one that has the pickups (like a fat strat) and still stays in tune and ive played some but they all seem to be bad with alternate tunings (that ive tried)
it must have a tremolo bridge THAT IS NOT A FLOYD ROSE OR ANYTHING SIMILAR. I need something taht will stay in tune if i use the whammy bar...

any non floyd guitar with a tremolo bridge under $700 will not stay in tune. That's the purpose of a floyd rose.
But you could buy an hss strat and replace the tuners with grover locking tuners. It will have three pickups with humbuckers and single coils, and will stay in tune when you use the tremolo. It won't have twenty four frets and your'e not gonna be able to constantly switch tunings.
It's about nearly impossible to get ALL of what you're asking especially under $700.
What kind of crack are you guys smoking? A well set up FR bridge will stay in tune for a very long time.
Im not gonna be using the whammy bar constantly only a little and ill barely switch tunings it just needs to be able to go down a step or into drop c maybe once or twice a month. The reason i dont like floyds is because the hassle and the bending. When you bend a string and pick the string below it, the bottom one goes outa tune.
we know...he said that a floyd rose stays in tune and that any opther tremolo wont
MIM Stratocaster. If you're not doing dive bombs constantly, it'll stay in tune pretty well. Get the HSS model for versatility, and it pretty much fulfills your specs. As long as you lube the nut with pencil lead or nut sauce when you change the strings, even with some tremelo use it'll stay in tune. Yeah, it won't be as good as a FR at staying in tune, but if you want to change tunings, it's a hell of a lot easier.
Quote by guhbreel
we know...he said that a floyd rose stays in tune and that any opther tremolo wont

Yes but you said that one that will stay in tune. And I doubt your going to find any trem guitar that will not change of the pitch of another string while bending. Nature of the beast.
Quote by Sin City Sid
Yes but you said that one that will stay in tune. And I doubt your going to find any trem guitar that will not change of the pitch of another string while bending. Nature of the beast.

+1. Just tried it on my strat, and you can hear the pitch change. It's something you'll have to work around

If I'm "he" then i never said that.
You can get a non hardtail without a floyd that stays in tune, but it usually costs more than $700.

getting locking tuners will help tremendously, but you can't constantly switch tunings.
ive played many...im talking about typical trems not locking. A locking trem typically causes the other one to go as low as the other went high (well, close)
ive played many...im talking about typical trems not locking. A locking trem typically causes the other one to go as low as the other went high (well, close)

You've played many what?
and who said anything about a locking trem?
If I'm "he" then i never said that.
You can get a non hardtail without a floyd that stays in tune, but it usually costs more than $700.

I know but i meant for under 700

and the other guy said locking trem...floyd rose is a locking trem. i know ittl change on any trem but it wont as drastic as a locking