Page 1 of 2
As the title says, times when you found a guitar, amp, effect, etc. that was absolutely perfect.

Mine:
So today I went to a guitar shop in the area I live in (Toms River Music, in case anyone from jersey was wondering). I tried out a bunch of guitars, including a bunch of Jacksons, a few Ibanez guitars, and a couple others.

There was one that really stood out though, a MIM Fender Telecaster. From the moment I picked it up, it was perfect. The action was already great, it was comfortable to play, and when I plugged it in to the same kind of amp i have home, it sounded orgasmic . The only thing I thought was "This is perfect, I cant find a thing wrong with it". I could have gotten a barely used LTD Viper with EMGs (Usually around $700) for around $400, the same price as the Telecaster, but in my opinion the Tele blew it away. I bought it, and its on layaway until Christmas.

TL;DR: I found a MIM Tele at a guitar store that I thought was perfect.

So I ask you, when were times when you thought "This is perfect"?
?!
Vypyr 75... and a Schecter C-1 classic
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
When I bought my MIM Strat. It was my second guitar, and I was just in guitar center for the hell of it, when I saw it hanging on the wall. Dark metallic blue finish, maple neck, etc. I figured I'd play it, maybe think about it, but the moment I plugged in, I knew I was gonna buy it. Haven't looked back.

Honestly, that's why I love guitars so much. Yeah, they're inanimate objects, but they've got an individual personality, a certain way they like to be played, and I don't think anyone will ever explain how one guitar can fall into your hands so perfectly, when a dozen identical ones don't.

Quote by irishstang_87

Honestly, that's why I love guitars so much. Yeah, they're inanimate objects, but they've got an individual personality, a certain way they like to be played, and I don't think anyone will ever explain how one guitar can fall into your hands so perfectly, when a dozen identical ones don't.

If I had the room, I would sig that.
But i dont
?!
First time I played a Rickenbacker guitar through a Vox amp.

The price wasn't as perfect as I would've wished...
irishstang_87

there's a sacred bond between guitar and guitarist

the closest thing to perfection ive ever expierienced is my uncles 1990(hence my user name) strat(MIA i think)
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
when we jammed voodoo child live. my solo was epic, not to sound cocky. i watched the footage afterwards, and was like 'shit, when did that happen?'
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Okay, here's mine. o:
I was goin' to Daddy's with my friend, just 'cause he wanted some new strings for his Strat. So we picked those up and we ran into our bud who were also there, and they told me about this other guitar store in town, the Manchester Music Mill. So we all had the day off so we decided to just stop by and see if they had anything decent.

Well as most of you all know, Daddy's Junky Music has the worst selection of high end guitars, at least without paying through the teeth. We walked into the Music Mill, and they had the one guitar I'd wanted since before I was even playing, just 'cause it's that cool. 750 US bucks for a 1997 Gibson Explorer, including the original leather hardcase it came with. Only legit Gibson explorer I'd seen in any shop for sale, so I traded in my Jackson Rhoads and got myself my Explorer. Perfect condition, with the exception of the ugly speed knobs it came with, I took those off immediately and added black tophat knobs for now, until I find some witch-hats or somethin' retro.
Lovely guitar from before I even bought it to now. =]
My main squeeze is a
Gibson Explorer '76 Reissue
prs 22 custom artist package + fender blues junior after messing with tone setting for an hour and finally finding perfection=
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
Diezel Herbert+JEM+Soundproof room where you can crank that ****er=Epic win

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
It's interesting, because I fell in love with Telecasters much in the same way as the thread starter. I was at GC, and I picked up a Tele just for the hell of it. Mind you, I hated Telecasters because of the looks and ties to country music, but all bad feelings vanished once I picked it up and felt its majesty. The neck, perfect, single coil spank, perfect, chrome red finish, eye-dazzling. I immediately knew I must have a Telecaster. My dreams soon came true on my birthday. The Telecaster and Gibson SG are the perfect guitars for me. They are my babies.
Quote by ThePechanator
It's interesting, because I fell in love with Telecasters much in the same way as the thread starter. I was at GC, and I picked up a Tele just for the hell of it. Mind you, I hated Telecasters because of the looks and ties to country music, but all bad feelings vanished once I picked it up and felt its majesty. The neck, perfect, single coil spank, perfect, chrome red finish, eye-dazzling. I immediately knew I must have a Telecaster. My dreams soon came true on my birthday. The Telecaster and Gibson SG are the perfect guitars for me. They are my babies.

Yeah, the only difference between our stories is that the one I played was black, and I didn't really mind the ties to country music.
?!
one time i played a fender MIM 60th anniversary strat in blizzard pearl metallic with a maple neck and the tex-mex pickups, it was pretty awesome sounding, and played perfectly. I've regretted not getting it ever since, i've never found a strat that played and sounded as good as that one again. oh well...
I played a Martin acoustic at GC once, worth $900. I don't remember the model though I could not describe the joy I had playing it.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

i was in guitar center once, and me and my friend were just trying out any guitar we could find. i saw a 72 thinline tele reissue, with the humbuckers. i hated teles, but this one looked different (the buckers, the fact that it was semi-hollow) so i tried it out, and spent the rest of my time there trying to hide the jizz spot on my pants
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
ThePechanator
It's interesting, because I fell in love with Telecasters much in the same way as the thread starter. I was at GC, and I picked up a Tele just for the hell of it. Mind you, I hated Telecasters because of the looks and ties to country music, but all bad feelings vanished once I picked it up and felt its majesty.

remember children before he played lps jimmy page used telecasters(look up his tele its almost as sexy as the sg clapton used to use)
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Well, actually, hehe, same for me when i pixed up my ESP ex400, i dunno, i just got a weird feeling of.. That's one DAMN heavy axe! both in weight and sound, and i just fell in love with it.

Other than that i have a good friend of mine who is a professional guitar-builder.. i've tried custom-built experiments of his, made by himself from scratch.. and i must say.. DAMN! Some of that stuff just had the most incredible sound ever.. then again.. he's a richie - he can afford good sound, hehe.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
My Les Paul.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I was guitar center testing out everything from cheap Squires to MIA Deluxe Strat's, I wasn't particularly impressed by anything and nothing was giving me that blown away feeling I was looking for. Then I saw it... for a guitar this high profile, it was back away in some tucked away corner on a stand, I saw its creamy maple neck and its dark black finish and even before I read the headstock I knew what it was. Before me stood the Custom Shop Eric Clapton Strat. Just a few days prior I had played a friend's Clapton Strat (regular version) and found it to be average, it felt good, it sounded good, but it didn't blow me away. Very soon this all changed.

I was just leaving as I saw the guitar and decided what the hell, I plugged it into a small Fender tube and strummed a simple G chord. Immediately I was in heaven. The sound blew me away as I the guitar blossomed to life in my hands, and the neck felt like I was barley even touching it. Immediately I started cranking out every single chord progression I could think of and eventually switched to the bridge to crank up some classic old blues. The guitar responded perfectly and exceed all my expectations of sound. Then, I turned the 2nd tone knob all the way back and nearly fell off my chair. The twangy Strat in my hands had just transformed into a monster. I stood there in awe for a few seconds and then cranked out some riffs and licks that had a life to them I've never heard before. Eventually I put the guitar down and walked out of the store with both a smile and a frown on my face. I had just played the best guitar of my life, but the price, though well deserved, was about as far out of my budget as I could even think about. I know some people think its stupid to use signature models, but goddamn, does Clapton have good taste.
Right before I bought my jagmaster the guitar store near my house, NEVER has mustangs, but ofcourse the day I was picking up another guitar they got one in. for the hell of it I played it and that neck just felt 100% perfect. Since then I've played many guitars, including many high end ones but nothing compares to the way that mustang felt...which is why I am waiting patiently for the day a mustang comes to that guitar store again, and then it will be all mine
Well it all started with a Squier and a Fender 15G frontman, honeymoon phase... new amp, new guitar, repeat...

(check current gear list)
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
When I was first looking around for an eletric guitar

and I really really REALLY liked the Jaguar shape
but couldn't find one for under 500

And then I wasn't sure if I wanted humbuckers or single coils

So then I typed in "Ibanez Jaguar" into the google

and came up with the Jetking

Jaguar shaped with dual humbuckers,
with coil splits so I can get BOTH

at that moment I came.
I don't even shred
Quote by irishstang_87

That... *Tears up*... Was Beautiful...!
Quote by Øttər
The MG isn't an amplifier, it's a box filled with angry, angry bees.

XD

The junk in my trunk:
Guitar: Dean Vendetta 1
Amp: 15W Line 6 Spider III amp
Effects Gear: Boss Metal Zone MT-2 Distortion Pedal.

Next Guitar: LTD M-1000
Quote by irishstang_87

When I had my 'moment' with a guitar I automatically started calling her a she. As in "Man, she's beautiful" I never did that before with anything, but theres something special about her. I have yet to pickup a guitar, or see one that gives me that same warm fuzzy feeling inside as when I open up my case and see her. She's got a few battle scars as I bought her used but it adds to her character. Funny how we think huh, we make-believe in our heads that a piece of termite bait, steel and a couple wires is alive. My girlfriend hated it in the beginning when she met me, kept telling me to marry my Kramer Focus because she knows how much I love it but she's cool with it now. Of course it doesn't hurt the fact that I named my new guitar after her since its from the same year as she was born (1983)
There is only 1 other guitar that makes me stop and stare and thats the '57 American Strat reissue in black. Thats gonna be my next conquest in a few years.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Buying my Gibson Custom Shop '59 VOS LP.
This was the ninth or tenth Gibson I'd tried (only one of those was a 'regular' Gibson - all the others were Custom Shop models), and they had all been [iawful. I was about to give up hope when I thought I'd take one last look at the racks, just in case there was anything I'd overlooked. I saw this one last '59 VOS stuck at the back. I figured sod it, the '59s had all been rubbish so far but I might as well give this last one a quick try.
Tried it out - it was horribly out of tune. Got it in tune though, and right from the first note... everything was just perfect. Exactly how I'd always dreamt a LP being. The sound, the feel, the weight, everything. Even the smell of the finish was perfect. I could barely bring myself to put it down. Whenever I play any other guitar, I'm always very concious of what I'm playing, keeping in scales, most of the time looking at what I'm doing. Right from the second I played this guitar, I found myself just playing without thinking, eyes closed - and I think I was playing better with this than I ever had before. Bought it right then (well, after I'd played it for about two hours - I couldn't put it down!).

So, out of 10 Gibson Custom Shops, 1 regular Gibson, plus several Fenders, ESP, PRS and Kramers.. finally, one of them - only one - was any good. But damn was that one perfect.

Quote by DSOTM80
When I had my 'moment' with a guitar I automatically started calling her a she. As in "Man, she's beautiful" I never did that before with anything, but theres something special about her.
Same here. I don't know what it was, I've always been aware that some people call their guitars by names, but I'd never felt the need to do it myself. Picking up my LP though... I don't know. Right from that first second, I couldn't help but find myself thinking of her as being anything other than Christie. I've never even known a real person called that, but that's her name. I don't know where it came from, I don't know why, none of my other eight guitars have names, I'm a photographer and I don't name my cameras - but for whatever reason, that name stuck in my head right from the first second, and though all my other guitars are just functional instruments made of wood and metal, Christie's... Christie.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Nov 16, 2008,
gibson sg 61 reissue
gibson les paul standard heritage cherry sunburst 60's neck

played them both in memphis
awesomeness
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by -Blue-
When I went to get my first guitar, I played a sunburst Squier Strat and thought it was perfect.

Needless to say, I got freakin' owned.

Hey it happens to us all
I had a Affinity Strat as my first guitar and it actually sounded good clean. Problem was one slight whammy dive and it was so far out of tune might as well not even play but when I got it and plugged it into my friends small Ibanez solid state amp and cranked the distortion I loved it Smoke on the Water over and over and over again

Edit:
To MrFlibble
Mine doesn't have a name actually but I refer to her as a person. Weird I know. Although the first thing that popped in my mind a few days after I got her when I opened the case was......Excalibur
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Nov 16, 2008,
When i tried,a mounth ago, a ESP Horizon II FR...i thought "This is the supreme metal guitar"
When I saw the Washburn WI18
When I saw the Washburn WI64 Vintage
When I saw the washburn WI200Pro E
When I saw the Washburn WI200 Pro
When I saw the Washburn WI65
When I saw the Washburn WI66 in Tobacco Burst.

Hopefully I'll stay at the 66. ;P
superman is killing himself tonight
When I was up in NYC for a bit and looking around for a Les Paul at the time. I walked into one shop and after going again to see the white les pauls (originally what i was planning to get) my ibanez caught my eye. I ended up leaving with it (and quite a bit more money left than I had expected to come back with me) and it has yet to disappoint.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
when i got my jackson, it felt perfect to me. it was between the jackson or a fender showmaster, but the jackson was fitting for me. high output p-ups, thin neck hot look, and i got a dicounted price. but i love my jackson more than any other guitar ive played
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
When I for the first time in the store plugged into my Lee Jackson XLS-500. God, that was awesome. Still love it to pieces. I'm never gonna part with it, unless I get like an XLS-1000 stack or something xD.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by Ignite
Haven't had a moment like that yet

You will eventually, give it time.
?!
Quote by stratsrule1990
there's a sacred bond between guitar and guitarist

This is so true, and people who aren't serious about the guitar really don't get it (there are some exceptions though).

Mine was probably when I played this old beat up gibson LP through a Marshall at sam ash. Sounded awesome. Price tag wasn't though .
Carvin CT6's; neck fits my hand perfectly, plays like butter, versatile sound that goes from smooth, creamy vintage classic rock to a great distorted metal crunch, beautiful craftsmanship, and just an extravagant paint job.
four times actually...although only once did it come true. :[ Hopefully, the fourth time will come true!

First Time: Playing a Caparison Dellinger. I love the feel and sound of those. Sadly, it got sold the week I finally had enough money to buy it.

Second Time: Mesa DC-3 + Marshall JCM 800 1960B. Loved it, it got sold the day before I went in to buy it. A bit of a blessing actually, since I wound up getting a Mesa DC-5 which is waaay meatier, along with a Recto 2x12. Still wish I could have gotten the 1960B cab though since it sounded amazing.

Third Time: My Hellraiser. Got it, loved the feel, and the EMGs worked great. For 666 bucks (no lie), it plays well and sounds great. I find EMG cleans a bit sterile and the gain to be too much in the front end, so I'll switch em out for an SD Hot Rodded set, but otherwise, it's friggin great. highly recommended buy.

Fourth Time: Playing a Tele. I love the feel of Tele's and the sound is great. Through low gain amps their amazing, and through high gain amps their just as amazing, if not more so since they're a tad more responsive and touchy compared to high output humbuckers. I may be getting one by the end of the year if things work out well (probably the Special Edition Lite Ash model).
when i went into the guitar store and saw my:

06 lefty gibson les paul studio wine red w/ gold hardware mint for $800
92(?) lefty fender american hss strat - lace sensor pickup in neck, seymour duncan humbucker in bridge $500 + 20% off = $400

both of my guitars were insane scores/deals.

u can see pics of them in a thread i made...check my threads and look at the "you won't believe what i bought for $400" thread
Page 1 of 2