I had my audition today and one of the questions on the theory test was write out G# Harmonic Minor.

So I figured i'd go off the major scale then apply the b3 and b6

but.. i didnt know if i figured out G# major right.

would it be G# A# B# C# D# E# Fx ??

I tried looking online but i couldn't find the diatonic.

-thanks
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
who did you auditoin for that asked for a writen test
id definately stay away from any band thats uptight like that
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
Quote by stratsrule1990
who did you auditoin for that asked for a writen test
id definately stay away from any band thats uptight like that

it could be a college, not a rock band
out of here
Quote by soccerguy6494
i think its
G# A# B C# D# E G G#

you'd need an F of some sort in there
out of here
Quote by victoryaloy
I had my audition today and one of the questions on the theory test was write out G# Harmonic Minor.

So I figured i'd go off the major scale then apply the b3 and b6

but.. i didnt know if i figured out G# major right.

would it be G# A# B# C# D# E# Fx ??

I tried looking online but i couldn't find the diatonic.

-thanks

B# doesnt exist.
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by inflatablefilth
you'd need an F of some sort in there

F##? its a G
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Quote by acade365
B# doesnt exist.

Yes it does. Before arguing and making an ass out of yourself, please read the theory sticky.

F##? its a G

No, it isn't. A G is a G.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by acade365
B# doesnt exist.

yes it does... it sounds exactly the same as C natural (on a guitar it does anyway) but it DOES exist
out of here
Quote by acade365
B# doesnt exist.

It does if you have to write out scales diatonically. So does Fb and E# and Cb. Dumb, **** yes. But that how they make you do it in college.
B# doesn't exist.... funny. That's like saying the Earth is flat. B# does exist.
Quote by hunta7989
It does if you have to write out scales diatonically. So does Fb and E# and Cb. Dumb, **** yes. But that how they make you do it in college.

It's not dumb. They're only enharmonic in 12-TET, and even in 12-TET they describe completely different things.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
for those who don't know... you can't have more than 1 variation of the SAME note in a key.... so you can't have G and G# in the same key... awkward as it may seem, you have to have ONE type of each of the 7 notes A to G... which is why things like Fx (f##) exist, and why B# DOES exist...

like Archeo Avis said... have a read of the theory sticky
out of here
Quote by Archeo Avis

No, it isn't. A G is a G.

2 sharps make a step up. a step up from F is G.
i just made it as an F because someone said something about an F being in there
Quote by extrememetal94
Quote by soccerguy6494
2 sharps make a step up. a step up from F is G.
i just made it as an F because someone said something about an F being in there

No, it's enharmonic to a G (and only in 12-TET). It is not a G, and calling it a G is just going to get you strange looks.
Quote by inflatablefilth
it could be a college, not a rock band

yep.. college.

the Fx threw me off cuz i've never seen it before in writing out major scales,
i've only use it in modes or chord construction.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Quote by Archeo Avis
No, it's enharmonic to a G (and only in 12-TET). It is not a G, and calling it a G is just going to get you strange looks.

thats a new word to me there
Quote by extrememetal94
Quote by victoryaloy
yep.. college.

the Fx threw me off cuz i've never seen it before in writing out major scales,
i've only use it in modes or chord construction.

you probably wouldn't do.. because most people would notate the piece in Ab major
out of here
Quote by soccerguy6494
thats a new word to me there

It means it has the same pitch (e.g. A# and Bb and enharmonic, as are C# and Db, etc). Despite having the same pitch (and again, only in equal temperament), they are different notes, and are not interchangeable.
Quote by Archeo Avis
It means it has the same pitch (e.g. A# and Bb and enharmonic, as are C# and Db, etc). Despite having the same pitch (and again, only in equal temperament), they are different notes, and are not interchangeable.

o. thank ye for the lesson.
and did we ever figure out what the right notes of the scale were?
Quote by extrememetal94