F-Spaced pickups are for guitars that have a floyd rose, regular are ones that dont
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by stratdud39
so wait if you just have a vintage tremelo(strat), than you would get regular spacing?

Yes thats correct
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Wrong. Most import guitars with TOM's are F-spaced too, as are normal vintage trems.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Wrong. Most import guitars with TOM's are F-spaced too, as are normal vintage trems.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure for a strat with a vintage trem you get an F-spaced pup
F spaced stands for both Floyd and Fender spaced, but coincidentally the metric TOM's are like that too. Dunno why..
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
F spaced stands for both Floyd and Fender spaced, but coincidentally the metric TOM's are like that too. Dunno why.

100% correct. Some Gibson Les Pauls in the late 90's take F-Spaced too.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
100% correct. Some Gibson Les Pauls in the late 90's take F-Spaced too.

why do I want to sig the 100% correct part... I know I shouldn't though. The only reason I know this is because I'm getting a set of Duncans for Christmas for my LP (TB-6/SH-2N) and I needed to know. I asked.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
why do I want to sig the 100% correct part... I know I shouldn't though. The only reason I know this is because I'm getting a set of Duncans for Christmas for my LP (TB-6/SH-2N) and I needed to know. I asked.

I used to have that exact combo in my LTD. I put a JB in it instead and put the Distortion in my Frankenstrat project that I'm working on. The Distortion has a deeper tone and it didn't suit my LTD very well. It sounds better in my Strat.
How does the Distortion sound in Mahogany?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden