This brilliant industrial metal band formed by Hypocrisy's lead man Peter Tägtgren.
He uses his own studio The Abyss to record PAIN's albums! if your a fan of hypocrisy definitally check them out

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=117566322

just bought their new album, man that shit owns

full list of albums are as follows!

Albums

Pain -
Rebirth -
Nothing Remains the Same -
Dancing with the Dead -
Psalms of Extinction -
Cynic Paradise - Latest
"We carry death out of the village!"
Not a fan, gotta say, however this type of stuff isn't exactly my "preferred" genre. They look like they're trying to rip off Akercocke in their band photo as well.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
LOL!!!! at least look up their video for Shut Your Mouth, so halirious! reminds me of devy and his humor!
That video's hilarious!

EDIT: And I just noticed they were imitating the portraits they were sitting near in the band photo so they weren't ripping off Akercocke.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
effing yeah! he takes his music and sometimes lyrics seriously other than that peter likes to take the piss out of things, he owns an entire town somewhere .....

Tägtgren "owns" a village in Sweden, called Pärlby. The village has about 120 residents and is about three hours northwest of Stockholm.

if thats not full fucking metal i dont know what is
Music is shitty.

Tägtgren is an ok guy, even if he tries to hard with his humor.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
eh to each his own, i think he is a genious, both musically and mentally.
To each his own, yes. But Pain is that type of music that no matter how much of a fan you are, you really shouldn't be able to call it anything close to genius. Its simple rhythmic dance music that is recycled in radio genres by thousands upon thousands of mock musicians.

I can see why it has its appeal to certain people seeking that certain dance feeling, but genius?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Yeah, exactly, I'd call someone like Varg or Ihsahn a musical genious but certainly not Tägtgren
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
wow i never thought of it that way haha, and i dont see how you can dance to industrial metal, never realy like'd any others besides PAIN, and i can see where your comming from indeed. but i like to think of PAIN or even closer for that matter, Peter, a genius simply because he is in an amazingly brutal death metal band, then have a groovy indrustial metal band as well, all the music of which he writes and records.

i cant see it as having that dance feeling, if your refering to the fact that they accenuate the beat? i cant see that as being dance

EDIT: varg...as in varg vikernes (sp?)
The thing is, I feel that you need more than to be in several good, diverse bands to be a musical genious. You need to be a real musical innovator, someone who's compositional style is almost impossible to replicate.

EDIT: What other Varg do you know?
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Industrial Metal is not Dance music, Pain is Dance music. Don't get me wrong, Industrial Metal, while rare, has wielded some amazing music.

Pain is dance music not just because of the accentuated beat.

The easiest way I can put it without an essay of an explanation is that Pain is a perfect example of a radio band. Pain's music would flourish and fit right into mass media airwaves for the exact reasons why radio music does just that. Dance music is perfect for sticking in heads who have no interest in anything more satisfying then a strong beat and catchy tunes.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
To each his own, yes. But Pain is that type of music that no matter how much of a fan you are, you really shouldn't be able to call it anything close to genius. Its simple rhythmic dance music that is recycled in radio genres by thousands upon thousands of mock musicians.

I can see why it has its appeal to certain people seeking that certain dance feeling, but genius?

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Yeah, exactly, I'd call someone like Varg or Ihsahn a musical genious but certainly not Tägtgren

It's his opinion. If he thinks Peter is a genius, then he thinks hes a genius. I don't consider Ihsahn a genius by any means. I find his music extremely stale, but that's my opinion, not a fact.
HA touche, and thats true but i still think he is a genious, i mean come on, he has been in Lock Up, the abyss and war. he owns a fucking village in sweden, AN ENTRIE VILLAGE AAANNNDDD he has mixed and recorded with Dimmu Borgir, Immortal, Children of Bodom, Celtic Frost and Skyfire.
if thats not diverse and amazing, what is?
Quote by Psychopathology
It's his opinion. If he thinks Peter is a genius, then he thinks hes a genius. I don't consider Ihsahn a genius by any means. I find his music extremely stale, but that's my opinion, not a fact.

Exactly, it was only my opinion Ihsahn is a musical genius (and I still stick by it) . And as I said before, being diverse doesn't necessarily make you a musical genius, you have to really be real innovator. Whatever, I'm just going in circles here; In my opinion Peter isn't a musical genius because I think to be a musical genius you need to really transcend genres, break barriers, etc.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Psychopathology

What I am saying is that it is a opinion that lacks any support or truth to it.

Good fucking god I am tired of this opinion shit.

YES! Its's an opinion! This I fucking know! Opinions existed before "IMO lulz."

His opinion, though, lacks salt. I can call my neighborhood red neck drunk a genius because he is capable of putting a screw driver all the way into is nasal cavity, but that's not exactly a respectable opinion now is it?

His opinion lacks thorough thought and cannot be respected as an opinion.

Quote by Marskell
HA touche, and thats true but i still think he is a genious, i mean come on, he has been in Lock Up, the abyss and war. he has mixed and recorded with Dimmu Borgir, Immortal, Children of Bodom, Celtic Frost and Skyfire.
if thats not diverse and amazing, what is?

I have played in five different bands with fiver different musical styles and produced for all five of them while eating five dollar foot longs.

I do not consider my self a genius.

To sum up my view that will probably just be continuously debated, Tatgtren is a musician, not a genius.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Nov 16, 2008,
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Exactly, it was only my opinion Ihsahn is a musical genius (and I still stick by it) . And as I said before, being diverse doesn't necessarily make you a musical genius, you have to really be real innovator. Whatever, I'm just going in circles here; In my opinion Peter isn't a musical genius because I think to be a musical genius you need to really transcend genres, break barriers, etc.

Wasn't arguing with you as much as I was using what you said as an example. I was adressing VG saying his opinion had more merit then Marskell's.

That's one thing that this newest generation of Americans cannot handle. Opinions and the merit and respect of them.

Sadly everyone is convinced everyone is special.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
That's one thing that this newest generation of Americans cannot handle. Opinions and the merit and respect of them.

I seriously want to meet you one day VG, I think we would get along.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Well this summer I'm making the trek up to Nebraska to meet up with Nebraskan so I don't see why I cant make a stop at El Paso.

Who knows.

Also Marskell I don't know if you checked the rec thread but give Project Hate MCMXCIX a listen. That is an example of technoey Industrial Metal that I don't consider Dance music.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish

My mum says I'm special!
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665

I'm sure Ihsahn would call himself a musical genius.
Quote by metal Lover
I'm sure Ihsahn would call himself a musical genius.

Well then me and Ihsahn agree on that
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
HAHAHAHA i have never laughed so hard in my life! and yeah im not special every one is entitled to their opinion, as you have presented your support for your side of the arguement i am doing also. also i actually like ihsahn but wouldn't call him a genius lol!

VG i can see what you mean and yeah there is a massive difference! and i mean massive but i still like peter and think him as a genius as i do with devin
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Well this summer I'm making the trek up to Nebraska to meet up with Nebraskan so I don't see why I cant make a stop at El Paso.

Who knows.

Also Marskell I don't know if you checked the rec thread but give Project Hate MCMXCIX a listen. That is an example of technoey Industrial Metal that I don't consider Dance music.

That would be pretty awesome if you stopped by man; we'll see what happens then.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by VampireGoldfish

Alright then master. We must follow your sacred words.
I'm with VG.
I explained this, at length, to Marskell this afternoon.
Peter Tåtgren is a great musician, a good composer, a great producer and a clever businessman (a village? come on, that's just cool), but a genius, he is not.

That being said, Pain are awesome.