I have $300 and I'm going to get myself a Vypyr soon, and I was wondering if I should get a 30W or 75W. If I get the 75W, I get the benefit of volume, and it has a USB port for inexpensive recording. But, then I realized that if I get the 30W I would have enough money for the footswitch/volume pedal. So, I've got a little dilemma for myself. What should I buy?...?
ummm do you plan on doing any recording? if not then go with the 30
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
You'd get the benefit of volume, but you'd lose the benefit of hearing, using all 75 watts. That number is impractical for almost anybody.
Quote by TimboSlice
You'd get the benefit of volume, but you'd lose the benefit of hearing, using all 75 watts. That number is impractical for almost anybody.

It's solid state though...
Quote by metalistight

... With a tube preamp... Probably doesn't do much to the volume, though.
hmm id go for the 75 and save money for the pedals man trust me 75 watts solid state isnt much power
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by metalistight

I've got a 50W Princeton Chorus and I don't put it past 2 for practice, never past 6 in a band setting. 30W is plenty. If you like the sound, go for it.
The Vypyr 60w are the tube preamp ones.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
I was checking out a Viper today, the 60 watt version. I think it's a great amp and I'll probably buy it, but I'd like to know if there's anyone here who can tell me if you can change the effect patches via either the midi input or the USB port. No one at the music shop could tell me...

NorthPeace
Quote by NorthPeace
I was checking out a Viper today, the 60 watt version. I think it's a great amp and I'll probably buy it, but I'd like to know if there's anyone here who can tell me if you can change the effect patches via either the midi input or the USB port. No one at the music shop could tell me...

NorthPeace

Let me clarify...when I said "via midi input" I meant as with using an external midi sequencer instead of the optional foot pedal.

NorthPeace
Quote by a7xrocks02
they dont have a tube preamp and if they did it wouldnt do anything anyway....

The V-60 has tubes in both - 12AX7 for the pre-amp and 6L6's in the power section...
makes for a sweet sound....

NorthPeace
Just keep saving your money man and get something better. The Vyper's don't really sound all that great. They aren't that much better than the line6, which means they kinda suck.
Quote by ubtguitarist
Just keep saving your money man and get something better. The Vyper's don't really sound all that great. They aren't that much better than the line6, which means they kinda suck.
Hello Ms. Information
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
Volume shouldn't be an issue. The 30 is louder than you might think. If you're gonna record the 75 would probably be better for you. Play both of them and see what you think.

In my experience, the 75 is less annoyingly middy than the 30. Plus, because the speaker cab is damned big, I could probably close the back and get one hell of a bass response.
Quote by ubtguitarist

...No. Get out. The Spider is really not worth getting in any form. The Vypyr is the SAME price, and they sound THAT much better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Mar 8, 2009,
Quote by ubtguitarist

Actually I don't think the vyper 30 is better then a spiderIII.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Get the 30. You're not going to probably ever need to crank it that loud anyway. Keep in mind if you're planning on gigging with it that you can get it mic'd. The footswitch will be much more beneficial in my opinion.