Well, the original crybaby isn't really all that good to begin with, so I can only imagine it'd sound worse with distortion.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Frankly I think mine sounds pretty good driven, but then again I use an overdrive, not a distortion like you, so I couldn't tell you. You can probably try both before buying though to see.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
get the zakk wylde wah. it is a great, throaty wah
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
^Don't get the Zakk Wylde Wah. It sounds like someone deep throated a wah.

The Original Crybaby isn't all that grand, actually. Sounds bad in my opinion, and horrible quality as far as build goes. They all seem to end up broken or just stop working within a few months. Dunlop wahs have failed to impress me, which is sad because I love a lot of their other products. I don't know if there are any other wahs in that price range, but I'd look into it.
I had a crybaby one time..
I took it home, it didn't work.. ended up only changing the volume for some reason.. and it broke one of my cables somehow..
1/10 would not buy again.

But i'm thinking of getting a VOX 847-A now.. you should check it out
You could try modding the original crybaby. Mine sounded great after I modded it.
My Gear: For sale/trade:
Epi Les Paul Custom SPF I-5 delay
Fender Jazzmaster MXR 1O band EQ
Line 6 DL4
Fulltone OCD
Verbzilla
EB volume pedal
Ampeg Reverberocket
Ibanez Weeping Demon? You can adjust the frequencies that it sweeps between.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
my original crybaby only sounds good when i put it after my distortion for whatever reason (which always baffled me as i've only ever seen people lead their pedalboard off with their wah, not end it)
Whoa man

I frequently use this same wah with my crate V32 and my schecter c1 plus so I think I can give you some very good advice! I really like the sound of the overdrive for leads with the wah pedal, believe it or not, but it really depends on what kind of sound you want.

I leave it in the treble position (all the way down) so that I get a sharper boost on my leads. I don't think it sounds all that great though if you tried to play rhythm distorted stuff.

Overall, I like it though. Many people are also recommending the crybaby classic and the vox 847A to me though. I'm personally looking into the latter two.

Good luck!