well i am wanting a new guitar for christmas and my dad said a max of 200 dollars i know kinda low but i has a pos guitar right now, a starcaster by fender.

anyway so i asked him for a if i could get it used and he said know b/c of something...anyway it has to be new..

i play gnr acdc metallica and some blues impro stuff thx for your help

EDIT: i will change the pups with my christmas money just so ya know
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Last edited by eahilder at Nov 15, 2008,
theres not really anything decent you can get for 200, i would ask him if you could just have the money and save for a little while....
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Uhm, I'd try some of the agiles?
I don't know if they're priced that low, but it's worth checking out.
well i think the fender starcaster is quality stuff, casting stars and what not.

i would recommend trying for to get somethign used for that much, try some out at guitar center or w/e
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
alright i already asked him if i could pitch in and he said no...i already asked him if i could buy used once again he said no....

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Quote by eahilder
alright i already asked him if i could pitch in and he said no...i already asked him if i could buy used once again he said no....

Why wouldn't he buy you a used...?
Quote by St. Jimmy189
Why wouldn't he buy you a used...?

b/c he said that stuff for christmas should be used by anyone else it should be brand new...not someones old stuff

Quote by Prophet of Page
Quote by jakewynnrocks
theres not really anything decent you can get for 200, i would ask him if you could just have the money and save for a little while....

Agreed. Or really, look used. I got a MIM Fender for $220 plus a hardshell case, plus used gives others a chance to work out the kinks an fix the problems in the axe for you, decreasing the price you buy at all the way; the previous owner of mine did some great work on this thing, it plays better than some of the American Standards do.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Just because 200 isn't really enough to get anything really that better than your guitar...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Bullet-Electric-Guitar-with-Tremolo-104494315-i1385540.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Tex-Mex-Pickups-Set-of-3-300217-i1388516.gc

And with the spare money you should get one s**tload of tortex picks of your favorite size :3

Or you could ignore, tell him to save. Or you could get Hmmm... Can't think of anything else =[
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by eahilder
b/c he said that stuff for christmas should be used by anyone else it should be brand new...not someones old stuff

Well hey, just because it's used doesn't mean it will be a POS.
Anyways, you could check out Agiles like I said, but I don't know if they're in the 200 range.
Best of luck.
Yeah I mean come on, used doesn't = bad, used = player tested.
My main squeeze is a
Gibson Explorer '76 Reissue
Quote by DedlokM44
Yeah I mean come on, used doesn't = bad, used = player tested.

lol like how ya put it but he still wont let me go used...ill try to convince him later on
b/c i was at gc today and i saw a mim fat strat that was this blue color it was awesome.....although wine red with black pickguard is sweet too....i want a mim strat

Quote by Prophet of Page
Quote by eahilder
lol like how ya put it but he still wont let me go used...ill try to convince him later on
b/c i was at gc today and i saw a mim fat strat that was this blue color it was awesome.....although wine red with black pickguard is sweet too....i want a mim strat

Again then, used. I got mine used for $220, perfect condition besides a regular bit of wear from six years playing, and that was with a hard case. I've seen em' used as low as $125 for a beat-up one. Just take a used and new MIM strat, play each, and let him decide if he hears a difference without knowing which is which.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Nov 15, 2008,
Quote by necrosis1193
Again then, used. I got mine used for $220, perfect condition besides a regular bit of ear from six years playing, and that was with a hard case. I've seen em' used as low as $125 for a beat-up one. Just take a used and new MIM strat, play each, and let him decide if he hears a difference without knowing which is which.

it is just the fact that it is used by someone else...i really dont know y he wont...i think it his pride or something

Quote by Prophet of Page
Quote by eahilder
it is just the fact that it is used by someone else...i really dont know y he wont...i think it his pride or something

Hmm...then yeah, try for the cash itself, or try and find something on clearance.

Quote by necrosis1193
Hmm...then yeah, try for the cash itself, or try and find something on clearance.

already asked for the cash itself he said that he wont just give me 200 bucks for christmas

Quote by Prophet of Page
Quote by eahilder
already asked for the cash itself he said that he wont just give me 200 bucks for christmas

Hmm...Did you consider trying for a new amp instead and saving for the guitar with your money?

Also, Iplayschecter; Most parents, especially if their unwilling to buy a used item because it's used, probably think the internet is full of perverted pedophile sexual predators, except for their "angelically innocent and childishly naive" son and/or daughter, so his father'd probably not listen to us.

Quote by IPlaySchecter
have him got on this forum, or another. and let him do some research for himself.

i bet if he saw me on this forum he would yell at me for getting guitar advice from you people...

Quote by Prophet of Page
Quote by necrosis1193
Hmm...Did you consider trying for a new amp instead and saving for the guitar with your money?

i just bought the peavey like a month ago..soo he will say no

Quote by Prophet of Page
Hmm...then yeah, if he's really that against used stuff, I'm out of ideas. Probably best get a Squier or something with a decent frame and upgrade the pickups later on.

i just dont know i might just get an acoustic guitar b/c i dont have one

Quote by Prophet of Page
You need to have him read this stuff. You could get a decent used guitar for 200. 200 wont get you much on a new guitar.
I'd say a AL-2000. IF he can pay extra for shipping, you have a nice guitar right there, right up with Epi LP standards, for a hell of a lot less.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by eahilder

Honestly that's kind of retarded if you can't get the guitar you want because he won't let you pitch in. lol
Quote by Øttər
The MG isn't an amplifier, it's a box filled with angry, angry bees.

XD

The junk in my trunk:
Guitar: Dean Vendetta 1
Amp: 15W Line 6 Spider III amp
Effects Gear: Boss Metal Zone MT-2 Distortion Pedal.

Next Guitar: LTD M-1000